Help Centres provide support for all levels of coursework in any subject. We offer one-on-one tutoring, tips and tools, as well as dedicated instructional assistants to help you with your assignments.
Support for students taking 100-level to 500-level courses
English Help Centre
Ewing Building 202 Lansdowne and Writing Centre Lansdowne or Interurban Library
Academic and writing support for all 100-level to 500-level courses: English, Business, Nursing, Sociology and more
- Advice and tutoring at any stage in the writing process
- Help with assignments for any class
- Brainstorming ideas for assignments
- Organizing and developing ideas for assignments
- Learning how to use evidence effectively
- Using citation styles such as APA and MLA
- Understanding grammar and punctuation rules
The English Help Centre also offers:
- Quiet study space
- Computer and printer
- Computer and document-formatting assistance
- Resource and lending library
Paul Cox email@example.com Interurban Library
Janet Pollock firstname.lastname@example.org Lansdowne Library
Dirk MacKenzie email@example.com Lansdowne Library
Daymon MacMillan firstname.lastname@example.org Lansdowne English Help Centre, Ewing 202
Prepare for your appointment
- If this is your first time booking an appointment you will need to register for an account. Watch this video for help.
- Face-to-face appointments now widely available
- Within the online booking system, upload a copy of your assignment and your instructor's guidelines.
- Choose the topic on which you want to focus.
- Allow time after your appointment to revise your essay.
Cancellation policy and no-shows
- Cancel at least 30 minutes before your appointment using the same online booking system or email the writing consultant.
- You can request up to two appointments per week