The AET Clinic is an extension of the Centre for Sport & Exercise Education, offering both a state of the art applied learning environment for Camosun students, and exemplary services to our clientele.
Open to Camosun Students, Employees and the General Public
The AET Clinic offers fee-per-service appointments including, immediate care, reconditioning of musculoskeletal injuries, and health assessment associated with the prevention and management of chronic disease.
Book an Appointment
AET Clinic Hours:
Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm
Entrance near the front
corner of the PISE building
Initial Assessment (60 minutes)
|Treatment for all ICBC Claims||$75|
Follow-up Appointments (30 minutes)
*Camosun Employees: Athletic Therapy fees are covered by Camosun’s insurance provider for eligible employees.
Musculoskeletal Assessment and Rehabilitation
Athletic Therapy offers initial assessments and follow-up visits, regarding both musculoskeletal injuries and conditions. This service uses contemporary rehabilitative techniques in preparing the individual for safe reintegration into an active lifestyle and fosters an attitude of positive health.
Initial assessment will include a first treatment.
The session will include but is not limited to:
- In-depth musculoskeletal and postural assessment
- Injury specific assessment and rehabilitation
- Contemporary rehabilitation techniques
- Therapeutic modalities (ultrasound, IFC, tens, NMES, cryotherapy, laser, heat)
- Soft tissue mobilization
- Physical reconditioning, rehabilitative, and conditioning programs
- Supportive strapping procedures
- Concussion management
- Prophylactic or supportive taping
- Stabilizing orthotics
Fitness and Health Risk Assessment and Evaluation
Exercise Therapy focuses on fitness and health risk factors associated with an onset and management of chronic disease and sustainability and/or recovery of functional independence.
The session will include but is not limited to:
- Assessment and evaluation of cardiovascular fitness, muscular strength, muscular endurance, flexibility and body composition
- Assessment of Activity Readiness and individualized program prescription guidance
- Body composition through anthropometric measurements and use of InBody
- Assessment of bone health through predictive analysis
LightForce Class IV LASER
The Deep Tissue Class IV Hot LASER works by means of light energy. This Hot LASER penetrates deep into the tissues, stimulating the damaged cells and increasing circulation to the painful area. This produces a cascade of healing responses in your body, reducing inflammation, thereby reducing or even eliminating your pain.
Our Certified Athletic Therapists are specifically trained to use the Class IV LASER to reach both deep and superficial tissues involving injuries such as ligament sprains and muscular strains, arthritis, calcified muscles and fibrotic adhesions, as well as intra-articular tissues inside of the joints. Within a few sessions the Class IV LASER allows many conditions to vastly improve. With treatment times of as little as 5 to 15 minutes, often patients find immediate, soothing warmth and relief that improves with each session.
This unique therapy can be used as:
- Adjunct to prescription drugs
- Substitute for surgery
- Pre-surgery treatment
- Post-surgery treatment to accelerate healing
- Long-term pain management system
- Acute injury treatment
Your initial LASER appointment consists of a one hour assessment and treatment where the practitioner will assess your area of concern and provide LASER therapy treatment. Subsequent treatments will range from 5 to 15 minutes, depending on the condition being treated.
Assessment, Provision and Fitting
This service includes assessment, provision and fitting of Stabilizing Orthotics
- Proprietary diagnostic software analyzes digital pressure mat, patient data and translates it into a prescription for orthotics
- Bilateral pressure distribution assessment and report
- Useful in detecting leg length discrepancies
- Postural analysis to determine deviations in alignment, movement pattern and body symmetry
- Visually observe postural movement over time (replay for analysis and patient education)
Meet our Team
Camosun's AET Clinic Staff and Practitioners work ensure a robust and positive learning environment for our CSEE students and excellent treatment for our clients.
AET Clinic Staff
|Katie Olson||Manager||Certified Athletic Therapist, CAT(C),CSEP-CEP|
AET Clinic Practitioners
|Lemuel Lau||Certified Athletic Therapist, CAT(C)|
|Tanner McGaw||Certified Athletic Therapist, CAT(C)|
|Kiersten McLeod||Certified Athletic Therapist, CAT(C)|
Interested to become an Athletic and Exercise Therapist?
The AET teaching facility is part of Camosun College's Centre for Sport and Exercise Education. Learn about the programs we offer and how we train the students who work with you in the clinic.