Camosun English Learning Adventures (CELA) is an activity-based program where students apply their English in a practical environment. These four-week customized English as a Second Language (ESL) programs help students expand vocabulary and communication skills through exciting curriculum in the classroom and applied learning experiences on- and off-campus.
Camosun English Learning Adventures
*All CELA programs need a minimum of 15 students to run (combined, internationally). Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm the minimum quota has been met.
An ESL program designed for you
CELA is best suited for:
- International students, visitors, or newcomers to Canada who want to improve their conversational English, and learn about Canadian culture
- Beginner to intermediate level English speakers from around the world
- Students interested in learning English and exploring the outdoors
- Students interested in career exploration and applied learning
- Management, or engineering technology (although there is no prior knowledge or experience required in these areas to participate in CELA)
If you are between the ages of 16 and 18, you are welcome to join CELA; however, we require that you identify a guardian who will be in Victoria during the time you are studying. This could be your accompanying teacher, chaperone, or family member.
CELA program fee enquires: All CELA program fees are combined into one single, comprehensive package (bundle). For pricing information please contact the International Projects and Partnerships Specialist at email@example.com.
Our CELA programs are full-time programs with morning classes, afternoon activities and Applied Learning workshops.
Included in the CELA bundle: one bonus activity.
CELA participants can apply for homestay placements or arrange their own accommodation. Homestay placements are limited so apply early.
Homestay placements are based on the scheduled program dates. Participants must arrive one day before and depart one day after the scheduled CELA program dates. Participants who arrive or depart outside of these dates are responsible for arranging their own accommodation.
Dates, prices and schedules are subject to change without notice. We reserve the right to modify or cancel any program.