Camosun English Learning Adventures (CELA) is an activity-based open enrolment program where students apply their English in a practical environment. These two-week and four-week English as a Second Language (ESL) programs help students expand vocabulary and communication skills through exciting curriculum in the classroom and applied learning experiences on- and off-campus.
Camosun English Learning Adventures (CELA) 2021 intake dates TBA
All 2021 dates to be announced at a later date.
*All CELA programs need a minimum of 15 students to run (combined, internationally). Please email email@example.com to confirm the minimum quota has been met.
Designed for you
CELA is created for:
- International students, visitors, or newcomers to Canada who want to improve their conversational English, and learn about Canadian culture
- Beginner to intermediate level English speakers from around the world ages 15 to 29
- Students interested in learning English and exploring the outdoors
- Students interested in exploring careers or academics in tourism and hospitality management, or engineering technology (although there is no prior knowledge or experience required in these areas to participate in CELA)
Not your regular short-term ESL program
Our students benefit from Camosun’s applied programming. For example, CELA students will participate in an introduction to restaurant operations in the Dunlop House – our professional hospitality management learning facility – and will participate in exciting and engaging teamwork challenges in our state-of-the-art Interaction Lab.
All 2021 dates will be announced at a later date
CELA program fee enquires: please contact the Global Partnerships Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about group offers and program fees.
Our CELA programs (2-week and 4-week) are full-time programs with morning classes, afternoon activities and two Applied Learning workshops.
Homestay placements are based on the scheduled program dates. Participants (groups and individual applicants) must arrive one day before and depart one day after the scheduled CELA program dates. Participants who arrive or depart outside of these dates are responsible for arranging their own accommodation.
All CELA program fees are combined into one single, comprehensive package (bundle). For pricing, please email email@example.com. Included in the CELA bundle: one bonus activity.
All CELA programs need a minimum of 15 students to run (cohorts and individual applicants combined, internationally). Please contact the Global Partnerships Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org to make sure the program you are interested in meets the minimum requirement.
Dates, prices and schedules are subject to change without notice. We reserve the right to modify or cancel any program.
CELA participants can apply for homestay placements or arrange their own accommodation. Homestay placements are limited so apply early.
If you are between the ages of 15 and 18, you are welcome to join CELA; however, we require that you identify a guardian who will be in Victoria during the time you are studying. This could be your accompanying teacher, chaperone, or family member.
Please contact email@example.com for program fees and group discounts.
Welcome to Victoria, Canada
Often referred to as the “City of Gardens”, Victoria is well known for its natural surroundings, mild climate, cultural diversity, shopping, restaurants and year-round recreational activities.
- Capital city of British Columbia (city population 367,000)
- A year-round tourist destination welcoming 3,500,000 people a year
- The mildest climate in Canada
- Dubbed the best city in Canada for young professionals
- Rated Canada’s smartest city
- Voted the best city in Canada for new immigrants
- Voted Canada’s friendliest city