Camosun stands with Indigenous peoples

From Sherri Bell, President

The revealing by the Penelakut Tribe of 160+ undocumented and unmarked graves on the grounds of the former Kuper Island Industrial School and foreshore deepens the pain of all Indigenous peoples.

Read full statement

Accepted Students - International

Welcome to Camosun College! We're excited to welcome you to Victoria. Here are some important things to know before you begin your studies.

Study permit

Most international students require a valid post-secondary study permit to study at Camosun. It can take several months to get one, it is important to apply for your study permit as soon as you receive your official Letter of Acceptance.


Note: Camosun College does not have student dormitories.

Camosun’s Homestay program is currently suspended until further notice due to COVID-19. Please check back in the future for more updates.

Want to live on your own? There are lots of options available. Learn about renting in Victoria.

International Tuition & Fees

Tuition fees vary by course and program. Learn about International tuition fees, Estimated Living Expenses per Month, Payment Information, and a Refund policy.

Registering for classes (1st semester)

Camosun International registers you into classes for your first semester based on course availability and the pre-requisites you have on file with us as evaluated by our International Admissions department. A pre-requisite is what you must have before you can start a course.

Medical insurance

You are required to have medical insurance while you are studying in Canada.

If you are new to the province of BC:

  • For the first 3 months in BC you will need private medical insurance.
    • Camosun College registers all new international students for a private insurance called for the first three months until they become eligible for B.C.'s Medical Services Plan (MSP).
    • fee will be deducted from your deposit.
  • After 3 months – you should be eligible to apply for BC's Medical Services Plan (MSP). See instructions on how to enrol in MSP.

If you already have BC MSP:

  • Please bring a copy of your BC Services Card to the New Student Orientation, so we can cancel the policy. Please do not forget to renew your BC MSP when you extend your study permit.

New Student Orientation

You are expected to attend the on-campus New Student Orientation that is usually happening the week before your first semester starts.

Please bring your study permit, passport and a copy of your medical insurance (if available).

Register for the next New Student Orientation

Travelling to Canada

Due to the COVID 19 pandemic, there are travel restrictions that limit travel to Canada. Additionally, all travellers to Canada must self-isolate for 14 days upon arrival. Camosun College international students who are arriving in Canada must have a quarantine plan.

Camosun College strongly recommends that all international students planning to travel to Canada clearly understand the Government of Canada and BC Government laws and regulations before making travel plans. Please note that the Government of Canada and BC Government restrictions and regulations are subject to change.

Please consult with the government websites for the most up-to-date information.

Lansdowne  Campus

CI Handbook

The Camosun International Student Handbook is your guide to the services and supports available to you at Camosun and helpful information about living in Canada.