A student listens intently during an orientation session
Change Faster

ESL / ELD Assessments

Is English an additional language for you? An ESL / ELD assessment gives information about your current English language skills to show your level. 

If you have:

  • BC Grade 11 or 12
  • IELTS or TOEFL test scores from the last 2 years
  • Canadian Language Benchmarks Placements Test (CLBPT) from the last 2 years
  • An ESL course from another BC college

Or make an appointment for a test

If you are taking the Canadian Language Benchmarks Placement Test (CLBPT) for the first time or you took the test more than 2 years ago.

(Test scores are valid for 2 years)

HCA-ESL Applicants

All students interested in HCA-ESL need to book an informational interview before booking an assessment.

International Applicants:

Contact international_admissions@camosun.ca to book a test that is right for you.

Contact information

English Language Development

Campus location

Camosun College Interurban
Centre for Business and Access (CBA) 134
4461 Interurban Rd.
Victoria BC V9E 2C1

Location link

Interurban Campus Map




International Students contact Camosun International