Drive to campus in a more sustainable manner! To support the shift to an electric vehicle future, Camosun has provided EV stations at both campuses.
All campus charging stations are Level 2. Instructions on charging your Electric Vehicle
There are twelve EV charging stations at the Lansdowne campus, located in the staff lot P2, north of Wilna Thomas and in the student/visitor lot P7, beside the parking pay station.
There are thirteen EV charging stations at the Interurban campus:
- One stall located in lot P2, behind the Jack White building
- Four stalls located in P9, east of the CTEI building
- Two stalls in the small CTEI lot, on the east side of the CTEI building
- Six stalls located in P10 at the CHW building
EV parking rules
- Vehicles must have a valid parking permit. Pay for parking via Honk Mobile or at the meters. Please respect parking rules and regulations.
- Parking spaces with active EV stations are reserved for Electric Vehicle(s) charging only.
- Parking/charging time is limited to a 3 hours.
- All active EV charging stalls are available for students, employees, and guests regardless of parking lot.
EV charging in the Capital Regional District (CRD)
Camosun’s Sustainability Goals and EV in British Columbia
Did you know that transportation is the greatest source of GHG emissions in the region, responsible for 57% of the total climate impact?
Electric vehicle charging supports a growing demand for zero emissions vehicles, reduced emissions and Camosun’s sustainability goals. Dramatic reductions in greenhouse gas emissions is critical to taking action on climate. The Province of British Columbia’s CleanBC Plan has a priority to make “Transportation Cleaner,” including supporting electric vehicle use and adoption across the province.
To support the shift to an electric vehicle future, Camosun has provided EV stations at both campuses; supporting Camosun Sustainability Goals and aligning with Provincial priorities.
Parking passes/permits are required in all campus lots.