The Education and Academic policies govern programming and instruction, student services and support, research and copyright.
Download the Policy Matrix, an at-a-glance reference sheet showing all of Camosun's policies and directives and the documents that support them.
E-1 Programming and Instruction
Defines the college-wide standard for academic progress and will establish principles and protocols to assist students, their instructors, and administrative staff to monitor and intervene when a student is "at risk."
To establish an academic schedule that meets the needs of the academic programming at Camosun College.
To establish the processes and standards for the inclusion of work integrated learning (WIL) in educational programs at Camosun College.
To ensure the validity, consistency and quality of credentials issued by the college.
To ensure that grading and promotion are consistent and fair.
To establish the process for the approval of all educational programs at Camosun College and to identify the approval body for each type of program.
- E-1.6.1 School Curriculum Committee Terms of Reference
- E-1.6.2 Framework for Programs and Credentials
- E-1.6.3 Expedited Implementation Process
To establish principles and guidelines that enable the college to realize the International Education Mission Statement.
To provide guidelines to determine the equivalencies of students' prior learning experiences to formal college credits.
To establish common standards for the establishment and ongoing support of Camosun College Program Advisory Committees to better enable program currency and relevance and to provide a valued link to our community.
- E-1.9.1 Program Advisory Committee Terms of Reference
- E-1.9.2 Program Advisory Committee Roles and Responsibilities
To establish College-wide standards for scheduling instructional space and to define best practices for how it will be scheduled in order to maximize student access and space utilization.
All programs are evaluated on an ongoing basis to ensure program relevancy and effectiveness. Where it is identified that a program is no longer sustainable, a recommendation may be made to suspend or cancel a program.
Articulates the College’s commitment to program quality assurance and continuous improvement of the student learning experience and outcomes.
The Academic Integrity policy outlines Camosun College’s academic expectations for all students and articulates the College’s values and principles with respect to upholding the highest standards of academic integrity. The policy and its supporting documents describe how matters of academic misconduct are addressed and resolved.
- E-1.13.1 Process for Documenting & Addressing Academic Misconduct
- E-1.13.2 Standards for Records Management – Academic Integrity
- E-1.13.3 Academic Integrity Appeals FORM
- E-1.13.4 Academic Dishonesty LOI TEMPLATE (May not work with Chrome)
- E-1.13.5 Guide to Academic Misconduct Typology
The purpose of the Grade Review and Appeals policy is to provide information, responsibilities, and processes for students who wish to request a review of term work, request a final grade review or appeal a final grade. It also informs instructors, department Chairs/Program Leaders, and College administrators of their responsibilities in the process.
- E-1.14.1 Process for Requesting Grade Review and Appeals
- E-1.14.2 Standards for Records Management - Grade Appeals
- E-1.14.3 Final Grade Review Request to Dean-Director FORM
- E-1.14.4 Grade Appeals to EdCo Appeals Panel FORM
Describes and defines the annual Academic Calendar for regular studies at Camosun College.
The purpose of the Evaluation of Student Learning policy is to provide guiding principles to support faculty in evaluating student learning in a fair manner.
The purpose of the Final Exam Repeat and Reschedule policy is to provide clear direction to Schools, instructors, and students on the rights and responsibilities with respect to Final Exams. Moreover, this policy articulates Camosun College’s values, principles, and conditions around rescheduling Final Exams and repeating Final Exams.
E-2 Student Services and Support
To define the criteria and conditions for admission to Camosun College and its programs.
To establish clear, consistent principles and guidelines for the course withdrawal process.
To establish guidelines for the assessment of student fees for goods and services provided by the college.
To provide clear expectations of appropriate non-academic student conduct and to establish processes for resolution of conduct issues or the imposition of sanctions for inappropriate conduct.
Establishes principles for a sustainable tuition fee model for base-funded courses and programs
To identify key principles related to the imposition of student penalties and fines.
To provide the option for a student to request a medical/compassionate withdrawal and fee refund under exceptional circumstances.
To communicate Camosun College's commitment to prevent and respond to sexual violence and sexual misconduct.
- E-2.4.3 Appeal of Suspension from College Process
- E-2.9.1 Appendix B: Key Definitions
- E-2.9.2 Sexual Violence and Misconduct Procedures
- E-2.9.3 Sexual Violence and Misconduct Appeals Form
To provide clear, consistent principles and commitments the college can apply when determining that a student require a leave of absence from their course work and/or the college community due to health and/or safety issue(s).
The new policy sets out the standards and principles by which academic accommodations will be approved including expectations for both the institution and the student.
- E-2.11.1 Policy Supporting Document
- Second Stage Appeal Form (May not work with Chrome)
- Final Stage Appeal Form (May not work with Chrome)
E-3 Research and Copyright
To establish principles for maintaining high standards for research at Camosun College.
To establish principles and guidelines for maintaining quality and ethical standards and principles for the conduct of research on human subjects, and for reviewing such research activities that are undertaken, sponsored by, or involve Camosun College.
- E-3.2.1 Guidelines for the Research Ethics Board (REB)
- E-3.2.2 Research Guidelines: Free and Informed Consent
- E-3.2.3 Research Guidelines: Privacy and Confidentiality
- E-3.2.4 Research Guidelines: Inclusion in Research
- E-3.2.5 Research Guidelines: Research Involving Aboriginal Peoples
- E-3.2.6 Research Guidelines: Conflicts of Interest In Research
To establish principles and guidelines that promote high standards of ethics and integrity in research and scholarship affiliated with the college.
To ensure that the College complies with the provisions of the Copyright Act of Canada.
To establish principles and processes related to the commercialization of original copyright material and intellectual property including inventions, patents, and trademarks.
- E-3.5.1 Assignment of Intellectual Property Rights Form
- E-3.5.2 Procedures for the Commercialization of Intellectual Property
*This archived document remains online for reference, research or record-keeping purposes, and may contain out of date information. If you're looking for specific information and haven't found it, please contact email@example.com