Camosun College is a public post-secondary institution. The Board of Governors administers the college on behalf of the Government of BC and the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Training, as legislated by the College and Institute Act.
Role of the Board
The role of the board is to act on behalf of the public and oversee the affairs of the institution including property, revenue and expenditures. The board must establish the key policies that guide the activity of the organization, and is responsible for hiring their one employee, the President. The board focuses on policy and strategic leadership rather than administrative detail.
The Board of Governors consists of:
- Eight members appointed by the Lieutenant-Governor in Council
- One member of the faculty elected by the faculty members
- One member of the support staff elected by the support staff
- Two students elected by the students
- The President of Camosun and the Chair of the Education Council are non-voting members of the board
BOG meeting schedule
Board meetings are usually held from September through June on the first Monday of the month.
Guests join by Teams
To join, contact Heather at firstname.lastname@example.org one business day ahead.
- Monday, October 3 | Inaugural, Regular
- Tuesday, October 11 | Private Function
- Monday, November 7 | Regular
- Monday, December 5 | Regular
- Monday, February 6 | Regular
- Monday, March 6 | Regular
- Tuesday, April 11 | Regular
- Monday, May 15 | Regular
- Monday, June 12 | Regular
Staying in Touch
The Board and College Executive truly appreciate the contribution made by our past Presidents and Board Chairs. We are very fortunate to gather together every year or two at the Dunlop House with those from the past to re-connect and continue to share our special relationship.