Program at a glance
Area of Study
Sport & Exercise
Clinical and fieldwork placement
Open to International
Two-years; 6 terms
At a glance image
Prepare to become an independent, successful, and professional health care provider in the area of massage therapy.
Gain advanced knowledge and practical application of the skills necessary to provide safe, effective and ethical massage therapy that meets the College of Massage Therapists of BC's entry-to-practice requirements.
Is Massage Therapy right for you?
The Diploma in Massage Therapy is an intensive, cohort-based program. Students will learn to apply principles of physical, health, and social sciences as they relate to massage therapy in the classroom, simulated environments, and through clinical placements in the community. If you are caring and compassionate with a desire to help others, Massage Therapy could be your path to an exciting and fulfilling career.
You'll have the opportunity to develop and refine your massage knowledge and techniques through classroom and lab learning along with clinical placements in the community or in our on-site clinic.
As part of the Diploma in Massage Therapy, you will have the opportunity to work at Camosun’s on-campus clinics offering both a state of the art applied learning environment for Camosun students, and exemplary services to its clientele.
The Camosun Advantage
Camosun's Massage Therapy program will provide you with an applied credential that meets industry standards set by the College of Massage Therapists of BC and is academically recognized by the BC Post-Secondary system. As a Camosun student, you'll receive many benefits including: access to financial aid, awards and bursaries; BC transit U-Pass; extended health and dental plan; Fitness & Recreation membership; academic support and other services.
Upon graduation you will be eligible to sit the examination as set by the College of Massage Therapists of BC to become a Registered Massage Therapist (RMT).
Graduates who attain a Registered Massage Therapist (RMT) designation are also eligible to sit the exam to obtain the Certified Sport Massage Therapist designation through the Canadian Sport Massage Therapists Association (CMSTA).
Career opportunities may include work within:
- Massage therapy clinics
- Private practices
- Chiropractic, Athletic Therapy and Physiotherapy multi-disciplinary clinics
- Elite athletic teams
- Wellness centres
- Spa resorts
No sessions are scheduled at this time.
The Centre for Sport & Exercise Education Information Sessions are a great way to learn more about a program and to get your questions answered by faculty and staff.
For more information please contact: email@example.com.
Invest in yourself!
Our two-year diploma will prepare you to become independent, successful and professional massage therapy practitioners.
Estimated program tuition: $33,048
International tuition: $78,300
What to expect
The Diploma in Massage Therapy is cohort-based and delivered over six consecutive 14-week terms. This program is part of the Centre for Sport & Exercise Education and is located on the Interurban Campus.
You will learn to apply principles of physical, health and social sciences as they relate to massage therapy in the classroom, simulated environments and through clinical placements in the community or in our on-campus clinic.
Still in high school?
Curriculum & courses
Ready to get started? Get your application in for the September intake.
When you apply you will need to submit proof that you meet the following admission requirements.
Tip: Where a letter grade is specified, you must have proof of that grade or higher.
High school course:
- C in English 12
- C in English Studies 12
- C in English 12 First Peoples
- Non-BC high school
- Some courses in this program will require math as a pre-requisite (e.g. “C” in Pre-calculus 11, Foundations of Math 11, MATH 077, MATH 137, or MATH 073; or “C+” in MATH 075, MATH 135 or MATH 072). Students may enter this program without Math, but must complete one of the Math courses listed above or successfully complete Camosun’s Math assessment.
- Student attendance at a program Orientation session scheduled by the Centre for Sport and Exercise Education (CSEE) is mandatory. Clear expectations for the program and issues which may interfere with progress in this program will be addressed at this time.
- Students must obtain Standard First Aid and CPR-C certification and submit before starting clinical placement and must keep their certifications current throughout clinical education.
- Criminal Record Check: You'll need to complete a Criminal Record Check (CRC) through the BC Government's Criminal Record Review program. This is a program participation requirement. Camosun will send you information on how to complete your Criminal Record Check after you've been accepted to your program. CRC's completed outside of the college process are not accepted. You are responsible for all associated costs.
Notes: The work environment in which you'll be employed requires demanding manual techniques and extensive hand washing. If you have back, neck, or arm injury or serious skin disorders such as psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis or latex allergy you should consider carefully before making an application to this program. For the same reasons, if you have a significant health challenge you should consult with the Program Chair.
You will require a minimum of a C grade in each course in order to graduate from the program.
Our Teaching Staff
Camosun College is proud of the excellent quality of its instruction. Our teaching staff are experienced, inspiring and supportive of our students' individual journeys.
Find a full list of courses and specific admission requirements.