The Advancement team plays a critical role in building and cultivating relationships with donors and provides the important link to help guide our community. We work with individual schools and departments of the college to determine the college's fundraising priorities and ensure every donor who makes a commitment to Camosun is appreciated and acknowledged in a way that is meaningful to them.
Your rights as a donor
Camosun College Foundation adheres to the following Donor Bill of Rights from the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the nonprofit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization's mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization's governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities
- To have access to the organization's most recent financial statements
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers
Please note that we respect your right to privacy and does not share information with outside organizations.
Donors make a difference!
- Together you donated a total of $2,548,045 in 2020 to support students, programs and new equipment at Camosun
- Over 750 students were supported with more than $1,148,447 in awards and bursaries.
The Camosun College Foundation welcomes your interest in our financial operations and priorities. The Foundation's financial statements are audited annually by an independent audit firm in accordance with the Canadian Accounting Standards for Not-For-Profit organizations. The independent auditors report directly to the Finance Committee of the Foundation Board.
Financial Statements PDF
- 2019 Foundation Financial Statement
- 2018 Foundation Financial Statement
- 2017 Foundation Financial Statement
- 2016 Foundation Financial Statement
- 2015 Foundation Financial Statement
- 2014 Foundation Financial Statement
- 2013 Foundation Financial Statement
- 2012 Foundation Financial Statement
If you have further questions about our audited financial statements please contact us.
Our donors are both role models and inspirations.