Facilities Services takes care of planning, developing, operating, maintaining, cleaning and securing the buildings and grounds of Camosun College. With two campuses, this amounts to over 50 buildings—almost 1 million square feet and 250 acres of land. Facilities Services has a team of over 60 people who are focused on providing a safe, sustainable, comfortable and functional environment for students, staff and visitors.
Maintaining our campuses
Our role includes:
- Capital funded building projects and renovations
- Acting as the point of contact for all enquiries that pertain to the buildings and grounds
- The daily operation and maintenance of all electrical, mechanical, plumbing, carpentry, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and building control systems
- Ensuring that the cleanliness of all buildings is maintained
- Providing support for the many special events on campus
- Maintenance of the campus grounds
- Emergency Management - providing a safe and secure environment
- Lost and Found
Fire, first aid, security, safety, alarms or after-hours repairs requiring immediate attention.