Interested in a rural nursing practice experience surrounded by a vast untouched wilderness? Come experience nursing practice in Canada's Great North!
Students in NURS 190 and NURS 290 may also be interested in the New Zealand Field School, offering a unique opportunity to explore healthcare within Maori and South Pacific cultures while applying their skills in community clinics and hospital settings.
Whitehorse Field School 2019
The Whitehorse Field School offers first and second-year nursing students a unique opportunity to discover person-centred care in a complex care facility, acute care in a community hospital, outpost and community nursing visits, and teaching on Indigenous health and healing practices.
Information on the 2019 Whitehorse Field School will be made available in the Fall 2018 term.
- Whitehorse, Yukon Territory
- Courses offered
- NURS 190 Consolidated Practice Experience 1
NURS 290 Consolidated Practice Experience 2
- CPE1 Copper Ridge Place & CPE2 Whitehorse General Hospital
- TBD ($600 Deposit)
- Cost excludes
- Tuition, accommodation, transportation, food, free time activities and daily living expenses.
- Facilitated through the Nursing Department (optional)
- Deadline to apply
- TBA. Please contact the Camosun Nursing office for further information at 250.370.3246
- Sample Schedule
- Coming soon