Money you don't need to repay
If you can, take advantage of educational funding that you won't need to repay later. Awarding of bursaries is based on a demonstration of financial need.
Camosun Foundations Bursaries
Each year full-time many of Camosun's full-time students will receive financial assistance through bursaries. Bursaries are provided through the Camosun Foundation Bursaries and are made possible through the generosity of donors who are keen to recognize student excellence and help students in need.
You can apply to over 300 bursaries with one application!
The application period for 2023/24 has passed. Dates for the 2024/25 application period dates will be posted in June 2024.
Notification of awards
Only successful award and bursary applicants are notified.
Even with the best financial planning, emergency situations may arise during your study period. In cases of unplanned financial emergencies, contact Financial Aid & Awards to discuss what options may be available to you.
Emergency funding is non-repayable and is made possible through donors such as the Camosun College Foundation, The Camosun College Student’s Society, Student Aid BC, and other community donors.
Emergency funding is considered on a case by case basis and intended to support students through a short -term financial crisis that occurs within your study period. Emergency funds are not intended to cover planned expenses such as rent and utilities or to replace funding shortfalls through your student loan.
Expenses that Emergency Funds can assist with
- Food Security
- Sudden living cost increases during study period
- Emergency health expenses not covered by the student benefit plan or personal health insurance
- Emergency travel expenses
- Expenses incurred due to physical, emotional, and psychological safety
Expenses that Emergency Funds cannot assist with
- Outstanding and upcoming tuition, fees, textbooks, or other foreseen school-related expenses
- Previous debt obligations (car payments, credit card bills, line of credit payments, etc)
- Non-essential expenses (extra-curricular activities, non-essential travel, etc)
If you are experiencing an unexpected financial crisis and would like to discuss your options, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to connect with a Financial Aid Advisor.