Search for Funding

Application periods for School-specific awards

Note: Other awards, grants and external award opportunities are available throughout the year. Check back often.

Filter By
Students eligible

Agreements with Young Adults

If you’ve been in foster care or had a Youth Agreement, you may qualify for the Agreements with a Young Adult (AYA) program to help cover the cost of things like housing, childcare, tuition and health care while you go to school or do job training, or attend rehabilitation, mental health, or life

Up to a maximum of $1,250 per month

Howard Legacy Youth Fund

The Howard Legacy Youth Fund is made available to applicants who are current or former youth in care. The intention of the fund is to assist in covering tuition and/or other educational expenses.

2 x $1000

Provincial Tuition Waiver Program

The Provincial Tuition Waiver program aims to make post-secondary education more accessible for former youth in care by providing financial support for tuition and mandatory student fees.

To be determined

Under the Agreements with Young Adult program (AYA)

Youth who leave government care at 19 years of age are eligible for supports to cover living expenses while they finish high school, attend post-secondary training or complete a rehabilitation program.

up to a maximum of $1,250 per month

Youth Educational Assistance Fund (YEAF)

This program provides grants of up to $5,500 per program year to former B.C. youth in care students between 19 and 24 years of age. Students may receive a maximum of four grants.

up to $5,500 per program year

Youth Futures Education Fund

The Youth Futures Education Fund has been established to provide a grant to recipients of the Former Youth in Care Provincial Tuition Waiver, to assist with supplemental educational funding for expenses such as books, housing, utilities, or emergency situations.

Youth Futures Education Fund
Group work at the Lansdowne Library

Adult Upgrading Grant

If you're attending Camosun in one of the School of Access programs you may be eligible to have your tuition, deposit and fees paid.