Latest update: Public health experts strongly recommend the continuation of on-campus instruction in January 2022.
On Dec. 21, 2021, Provincial Health Officer, Dr. Bonnie Henry, sent a letter to presidents of colleges and universities in British Columbia. The letter reinforces that, at this time, public health experts strongly recommend the continuation of on-campus instruction in January 2022. Should anything change, Camosun will communicate with the college community as quickly as possible via CamNews and posting updates at camosun.ca/covid19. A copy of the letter is here: Post-Secondary Institution Presidents
Additionally, on Dec. 21, 2021, the B.C. Government announced several additional measures for a safer holiday season. The revised Provincial Health Officer orders take effect from Dec. 22, 2021, until Jan. 18, 2022 and include:
- No organized indoor social events and gatherings of any size;
- Concerts, sports games and theatres are reduced to 50 per cent seated capacity, regardless of venue size;
- Closing gyms, fitness centres and dance studios;
- Limiting table sizes at restaurants, cafes and pubs to a maximum of six people per table with physical distancing or barriers.
These restrictions are in addition to the orders announced on Dec. 17, 2021.
Camosun College has a Communicable Disease Prevention Plan to support a healthy study and work environment. A set of Communicable Disease Prevention Guidelines support daily operations for students, faculty, staff and campus visitors with an appendix that shows what to do if a student or an employee discloses that they have tested positive for COVID-19.
- New B.C. restrictions that took effect on Dec. 20: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/info/restrictions#dec-20
- Provincial health orders: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/current-health-topics/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
- Federal travel advisories: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid
- Proof of vaccination and the BC Vaccine Card: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/proof
- International students and obtaining QR code https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/proof#students-youth. There are two steps to get a BC vaccine card:
Step 1 - Get a B.C. Personal Health Number (PHN); Call 1-833-838-2323and one will be created for you.
Step 2 - Upload your out-of-province proof of vaccination to the online form