3rd Annual Teacher Recognition Awards - Innovation in Student Success 2024
Nominations are now open for the 3rd Annual Teacher Recognition Awards. If you know a Camosun instructor who is doing an amazing job, nominate them!
Help us celebrate the 2024 nominees!
Join us as we honour Camosun faculty from across the college who are being recognized for their contribution to student success. Faculty are nominated, primarily by their students, for going "above and beyond what was expected of them in promoting student success, by using engaging and flexible approaches to better meet the needs of all learners."
There will be food and festivities, as we celebrate and acknowledge the great work of Camosun teachers!
This event will take place immediately following the Walls Optional 2024 afternoon sessions.
2023 Teacher Recognition - Innovation in Student Success
Congratulations to 28 faculty from across the college who have been recognized for their contribution to teaching and learning. While nominations came from both Camosun employees and students, there was once again this year an overwhelming response from students. Their voices and stories highlighted some of the amazing work being done at Camosun to support student learning.
“Recognizing faculty who have gone above and beyond what was expected of them in promoting student success, by using engaging and flexible approaches to better meet the needs of all learners.”
- Andrea Durdle, Plumbing and Pipe Trades
- Arloene Burak, Psychology
- Brent McMillen, Medical Radiography
- Brooke Cameron, Biology
- Dan Reeve, Political Science
- Darren Hall, Plumbing and Pipe Trades
- David Armstrong, Hospitality Management
- David Raju, Biology
- Dianne Patterson, Health Care Assistant
- Emah Christiansen, Massage Therapy
- Gilles Cazelais, Math
- James Smyth, Plumbing and Pipe Trades
- Joanne Irvine, Management and HR Leadership
- Joyce van de Vegte, Electronics and Computer Engineering Technology
- Katie Waterhouse, Anthropology
- Kendal Adam, Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Lynnea Jackson, English Language Development
- Matt Agbay, Business Statistics
- Meaghan Feduck, Education Assistant, Community Support
- Michelle Lysak, Accounting and Finance
- Nicole Kilburn, Anthropology
- Noreen Ortilla, Massage Therapy
- Pei Mei Chia, English Language Development
- Phil Vreugdenhil, Electronics and Computer Engineering
- Richard Burman, Mechanical Engineering Capstone
- Robin Fast, Community, Family and Child Studies
- Selena Hebig, Nursing
- Tony Vernon, Health Care Assistant-ESL
Teacher Recognition is an annual initiative of Camosun’s Teaching and Learning Council - a collaborative, peer-based, interdisciplinary group of faculty from across the college with a passion for advancing quality teaching and learning at Camosun, including advocacy, supports and strategies.