Ready to get started?
To apply into the first year of the Diploma or Degree programs in Sport Management, you will need to submit proof that you meet the following admission requirements.
Tip Where a letter grade is specified, you must have proof of that grade or higher.
|Requirement||High school course||Camosun course||Alternatives|
Transfer into the Bachelor of Sport and Fitness Leadership
To transfer into the third year of the Bachelor of Sport and Fitness Leadership, Sport Management Specialization, you will require:
- A Diploma in Sport Management OR
- A minimum grade of "C" all of the following courses:
You may apply to enter into the Bachelor of Sport and Fitness Leadership program at any time.
Program participation requirements
- Sustain an optimal level of fitness (relative to your abilities) throughout the duration of the program.
- Obtain certification from two sport, coaching and/or fitness licensing programs.*
- Submit a lifestyle questionnaire and health related fitness assessment that will identify your current level of fitness and will support your future development. The questionnaire will provide individual baseline data and assessments will assist in the measurement of your progress over the course of the program.
- Obtain valid certificates for CPR (Health Care Provider) and Emergency First Aid. You'll have the opportunity to obtain these during the program.*
- Submit a criminal record check through the BC Government's Criminal Record Review program.* A criminal record check (CRC) clearance is a program participation requirement. You'll be sent instructions about the CRC process that need to be followed. Criminal record checks done outside the college aren't accepted. More information…
- Participate in field-based instruction in a variety of environmental conditions.
*You will be responsible for all additional costs associated with these requirements.
Program completion requirements
Diploma or Degree:
You will require a minimum 3.0 GPA ("C+") to graduate from the program.
Diploma in Sport Management, Internship Designation
You must obtain a 'COM' or complete with distinction 'DST' in the Internship term (SPMA101)
Sport & Fitness Leadership - Sport Management Degree, Internship Designation
You must obtain a 'COM' or complete with distinction 'DST' in the Internship term (SFL401)
For more information on Internships go to the Co-operative Education and Career Services page: Co-op Student InfoApply online
Missing admission requirements?
Sport Management Access is a four-month program, offered every January, to help you meet the admission requirements for the Sport Management Diploma and Degree programs.
You'll have an opportunity to upgrade your math and English courses; gain credit for one course towards your diploma or degree; and get a reserved seat in the next intake of your destination program.
What kind of applicant are you?
Camosun has three different applicant categories:
- Current BC/Yukon High School Student