An investment in your career
Invest in yourself! Two years at Camosun can prepare you for a career in dental health care. As a Dental Hygienist you will be set to enter an in-demand field that is both financially-rewarding and personally satisfying.
Effective from September 1, 2019 to August 31, 2020.
|Estimated program tuition||$15,747||$55,120|
|Academic Term 1||$3,364||$13,780|
|Academic Term 2||$4,414||$13,780|
|Academic Term 3||$3,843||$13,780|
|Academic Term 4||$4,126||$13,780|
A rewarding career
Dental hygienists in BC earn a median annual salary* of $85,200 depending on employer and seniority.
*2018 Job Bank Wage data
Additional costs (not included in the figures above)
- Application fee
- Student Society fees
- Textbooks and course packages
- Supplies and uniforms
- Optional supplies: Surgical Telescope Eye-wear (Loupes)
- Other Costs:
- TB Test
- CPR Level C and Standard First Aid Certificate
- Criminal Record Check
Professional Fees external to the program
- Canadian National Dental Hygiene Certification Board examination fee
Registration and licensure
- College of Dental Hygienists of British Columbia application fee
- College of Dental Hygienists of British Columbia registration fee
- College of Dental Hygienists of British Columbia annual registration fee
- Canadian Dental Hygienists Association annual membership and professional liability insurance fees
- British Columbia Dental Hygienists' Association annual membership fee
- College of Dental Hygienists of British Columbia Criminal Record Check
- Passport Photo and Notarization for College of Dental Hygienists documents
Are you a former youth in care?
The Provincial Tuition Waiver program aims to make post-secondary education more accessible for former youth in care by providing financial support for tuition and mandatory student fees. Learn more about eligibility and how to apply.