An investment in your career
Invest in yourself! Two years at Camosun can prepare you for a career in dental health care. As a Dental Hygienist you will be set to enter an in-demand field that is both financially-rewarding and personally satisfying.
Effective from September 1, 2017 to August 31, 2018.
|Term||Estimated Tuition||International Tuition|
|Academic Term 1||$3,300||$13,250|
|Academic Term 2||$4,250||$13,250|
|Academic Term 3||$3,700||$13,250|
|Academic Term 4||$4,000||$13,250|
Estimated additional costs
- Application fee: $41 | International application fee: $100
- Student Society fees: $1,250
- Textbooks and course packages: $1,900
- Supplies and uniforms: $3,900
- Optional supplies: $1,600
Surgical Telescope Eye-wear (Loupes)
- Other Costs
- TB Test: $40
- CPR Level C and Standard First Aid Certificate: $150
- Criminal Record Check: $28 paid to the Ministry of Justice
Professional Fees external to the program
- Canadian National Dental Hygiene Certification Board examination fee - $675 + GST
Registration and licensure
- College of Dental Hygienists of British Columbia - $60
represents a one-time application fee
- College of Dental Hygienists of British Columbia - $615
represents initial registration fee
- College of Dental Hygienists of British Columbia - $495
represents annual registration fee
- Canadian Dental Hygienists Association fee - $191 (may be prorated in year of graduation)
represents annual membership and professional liability insurance fees
- British Columbia Dental Hygienists' Association fee - $175 (may be prorated in year of graduation)
represents annual membership fee
- College of Dental Hygienists of British Columbia - Criminal Record Check $28
- Passport Photo and Notarization for College of Dental Hygienists documents - $30-$50
The cost of this program ranges from:
All prices are estimates.
These prices cover tuition, student fees, text books and other supplies. It does not cover professional fees and optional supplies.
A rewarding career
As a Dental Hygienist you can earn an average annual pay will be approximately $57,000 to $83,000 per year.