Camosun logo for print

Student Records

Tuition and Enrolment Certificate (T2202)

The Tuition and Enrolment Certificate (T2202) is an official tax receipt that summarizes eligible tuition, fees, and months of study for qualifying courses during a calendar year. Further information regarding the eligibility of amounts is available from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).

How do I get my T2202 (previously T2202A)?

For income tax purposes, T2202 forms for the previous calendar year will be available on Camlink by February 15.

1. Log into the Student Menu on Camlink
  2. Under "Financial Information", select “View my T2202 Information
  3. Follow the instructions to obtain a pdf version of your T2202 form.
    Note Previous tax years are also available if required. Prior to 2019, the form was called a T2202A.

How do I know what is eligible?

Further information regarding the eligibility of amounts is available at the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) site.

Why is Camosun asking for my Social Insurance Number?

Effective for the 2019 tax year, all post-secondary institutions are required to provide the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) with SINs on the T2202. Information about Authorized Federal use of the SIN can be found on the Government of Canada site.

How can I submit my SIN to Camosun?

Using the Student Menu on Camlink, select the “Enter Social Insurance Number” link. If you have already provided the college with your SIN, Camlink will not allow you to re-enter or modify the number on your student file. If you have any questions, contact Registration  or Camosun International.

I am an International Student. Am I required to provide a SIN?

If you are filing a Canadian tax return, you are required to provide your SIN. For the 2019 tax year, Camosun is required to provide the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) with each student's SIN on the T2202. If you have any questions, contact Camosun International.

I forgot my SIN or don’t have one! How do I get it?

The easiest way to access your SIN is to consult your most recent Notice of Assessment from the Canada Revenue Agency. If this isn’t available, you can request a confirmation of SIN from Service Canada. The Government of Canada’s Employment and Social Development website will provide you with details on what documentation you will need to request a confirmation.

Are Continuing Education course fees tax deductible?

Courses that are GST exempt (formerly HST exempt) and cost more than $100 are tax deductible. If you paid GST (itemized on your receipt and also available on Camlink under Fee & Payment Details) your course is not eligible.

What's the difference between a T2202, T4A and T4 form?

T2202 Tuition and Enrolment Certificate

An official tax receipt that summarizes eligible tuition, fees, and months of study for qualifying courses during a calendar year.

T4A Statement of Pension, Retirement, Annuity, and Other Income

If you received financial assistance from Camosun in the form of a grant, bursary or award, a T4A for tax purposes will be issued to you (by mail) for the cumulative amount. This may include, but not limited to, Adult Upgrading Grants (AUG), bursaries, scholarship, or other awards received through the College within the tax (calendar) year. Amounts on T4As are considered "other income."

T4 Statement of Remuneration Paid

A T4 is issued by an employer to employees for employment income they earned in the calendar year.

Further information is available from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).

Questions?

If you have a question or need some assistance accessing your T2202 certificate, contact:

Contact Us
Camosun College Lansdowne
3100 Foul Bay Rd
Victoria BC V8P 5J2
Camosun College Interurban
4461 Interurban Rd
Victoria BC V9E 2C1
  • 250–370–3000
  • 1–877–554–7555 (toll-free)

©1996–2019 Camosun College | Victoria BC, Canada | Printed: December 5, 2019 at 10:42 am Change Everything logo for print