Upgrading programs and courses are tuition-free for domestic students
For Canadian citizens and permanent residents, 0-level upgrading courses are tuition-free. The Adult Upgrading Grant (AUG) will continue to cover the cost of textbooks and student and registration fees for eligible students. Please talk to a Financial Aid Advisor for more information.
We can help you take the next step.
For those wanting to continue their education or venture to a new career
Building Employment Success for Tomorrow (BEST) is a tuition free program that will help you design a personalized and sustainable education and career plan.
The program welcomes adult learners at any stage of life who are engaged in a transition to explore career and educational opportunities in a diverse and changing world.
The benefits of participating in BEST include the following:
- Clarify your values, interests, skills, strengths and preferred work environment in relation to choosing a career or job
- Increase knowledge of educational resources, programs and community relationships
- Learn innovative work search strategies, research current labour market trends and create informed educational, career and life goals
- Strengthen communication and teamwork skills needed in today’s workplace and in daily life
- Prepare for and practice interviews and create an up-to-date resume
- Strengthen self-confidence and a growth mindset
- Be motivated by meeting others: classmates who are also finding their direction, guest speakers and key contacts in your educational and career fields of curiosity
- Be inspired to give back: learn about strategic volunteering and how these opportunities hone your skills, clarify your interests and build your network
- Design a concrete and specific personalized education and career plan
In their own words
I was amazed to learn there were so many aspects to choosing a career path. BEST helped me to focus on my strengths and interests and then plan my future.
The instructors were friendly and kind. It was a joy to come to class each day.
Building Employment Success for Tomorrow
- 8 weeks
- Study Options
- Full-time, 3.5 days a week (currently online)
- January, March, September or November