With over 50,000 in the alumni network, they’re inspiring lives and making a difference, not only within our local community but around the globe. Through determination and hard work, they are revitalizing communities and transforming the way we live, work and play. The Alumni Awards celebrate our exceptional alumni and their achievements and we honour them at the college’s graduation ceremony each year.
Nominations for our Alumni Awards are now closed.
Alumni Award categories
- The Promising Alumni Award recognizes the outstanding service and accomplishments of an exceptional alumnus who graduated within the last 10 years. Nominees will be graduates who demonstrate a real commitment to others through community service and career accomplishments with a clear prediction of future successes. The award includes a $500 gift to purchase materials of the recipient’s choosing to be added to the college library collection
- The Distinguished Alumni Award honours an alumnus who has distinguished themselves by contributions made in their own particular fields of work and in service to community and who graduated more than 10 years ago. The award carries a $1,000 fund towards a college project or a bursary for students in financial need, as directed by the recipient.
Eligibility and Selection
All persons who completed a program of study at Camosun are eligible for consideration.
The following criteria will be considered, and weighed equally, when evaluating nominees for awards:
- Service to the community.
- Professional accomplishment.
- Commitment to increasing their knowledge through lifelong learning.
Nominations are reviewed by the Camosun College Alumni Council who recommends the award recipients to the college.
Only one award per category is given each year.
Timing and Required Information
The Alumni Awards are celebrated each year at the college’s June graduation ceremony, and award recipients are profiled during the ceremony activities and featured on the college’s website. Unfortunately, the Alumni Association is not able to provide travel allowances/honorariums for award recipients to attend the graduation ceremony.
The nominee must be aware of the nomination and accept that their name, photo and supporting information may be published.