The Camosun College Entrance Award is a non-repayable award that recognizes outstanding academic achievement upon high school graduation. This award is open to students entering full-time studies in the fall semester at Camosun College after taking one or more years off after high school for activities such as work or travel. The award is adjudicated on a competitive basis. Annual availability of this award may vary.
Camosun College Entrance Award Applications are now closed.
The next round of applications will be open May 1, 2020.
Camosun College Entrance Award
- Value: varies annually, approx. $2,000 per award
- Program of Study: Any Camosun College full time program leading to a credential
- Number of Awards: 1
- Must have attained academic achievement (B average or higher) upon high school graduation (grade 11 and 12).
- Must be enrolled or planning to enrol in the upcoming Fall semester in a full time program leading to a credential.
- Must have taken one or more years off after high school to pursue other activities such as work or travel. Minimum 1 year not enrolled in any high school or post-secondary courses.
- Must be able to demonstrate ways in which you have contributed to your community.
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Complete the application process no later than August 1.
- Upload supporting documentation with online application. Include:
- Personal statement outlining your volunteer and community involvement. Also include how the period of time and activities since leaving high school have prepared you for attending post-secondary education.
- Copy of your high school transcript.
- Online application will be available from May 1-August 1.
- Complete applications must be submitted by August 1. All supporting documentation must be received by this date. Late, incomplete, or printed applications will not be accepted.
- Adjudication of this award will be managed by the Financial Aid and Awards office. All decisions are final.
- Successful recipients will be notified by email by October 1.
- Award will be applied directly to the student's Camosun account. If tuition and fees have already been paid, the surplus amount will be refunded.
- Entrance awards cannot be deferred to a future semester or year.
- Students will not normally receive more than one entrance award.