Ready to get started? Apply now to the Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Mechanic Foundation program.
When you apply you will need to submit proof that you meet the following admission requirements.
Tip Where a letter grade is specified, you must have proof of that grade or higher.
|Requirement||High school course||Camosun course||Alternatives|
| || |
| || |
* Note: If you don't have one of the preferred math requirements the college will accept a “C” or higher in Foundations of Math 11, or Pre-Calculus 11, or Principles of Math 11, or Applications of Math 11, or MATH 073 or MATH 137.
*MATH 038 will no longer have prerequisites as of September 2016. Contact us if you have questions.
Looking for apprentice training?
Get a job, then go to school
Once you have found employment, apply to Camosun for Apprenticeship Technical Training in Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Mechanic. After completing all four levels, you can earn your Red Seal ticket. Learn more.
- You should be in good physical health and have good hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- You’re ultimately responsible for learning and meeting the requirements of the course and/or program. You’re encouraged to communicate issues concerning your course and program with your instructor, Chair/Program Leader, respectively. The School encourages full participation and active learning by attending all scheduled classes.
- All trades programs have a mandatory attendance requirement.
- You must get 70% ("COM") in each module to obtain a Certificate in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic Foundation.