Ready to get started?
Our Athletic & Exercise Therapy program is highly sought-after, so apply early!
When you apply you will need to submit proof that you meet the following admission requirements.
Tip Where a letter grade is specified, you must have proof of that grade or higher.
Effective date: January 2019
|Requirement||High school course||Camosun course||Alternatives|
| ||IELTS 6.5 in all areas|
| || |
| || |
Acceptance to the Bachelor of Athletic and Exercise Therapy Program is based on the cumulative grade point average (GPA) for the above four courses. The minimum cumulative GPA to qualify for consideration is a B grade or equivalent.
Prior to starting the program you will be required to:
- Attend a mandatory program Orientation session scheduled by the Centre for Sport and Exercise Education (CSEE). Clear expectations for the program and issues which may interfere with progress in this program will be addressed at this time.
- Submit a portfolio which includes a declaration on your preparation and motivation to the chosen career and two reference letters addressing ethical and professional capabilities.
- Complete a program questionnaire, a lifestyle questionnaire and health-related fitness assessment that identifies your current level of fitness and supports your future development. The lifestyle questionnaire and health-related fitness assessment will provide individual baseline data and assessments, and will assist in the measurement of your progress over the program.
- Submit a criminal record check through the BC Government's Criminal Record Review program.* A criminal record check (CRC) clearance is a program participation requirement. You'll be sent instructions about the CRC process that need to be followed. Criminal record checks done outside the college aren't accepted. More information…
During the program you will be required to:
- Obtain valid certificates for CPR (Health Care Provider) and Standard First Aid. You'll have the opportunity to obtain these during the program.*
- Purchase a Bachelor of Athletic and Exercise Therapy Placement Medical Kit.*
- Apply to the Canadian Athletic Therapists Association (CATA) as a Certification Candidate prior to starting year 2. You must ensure that you are a member in good standing throughout the remainder of your course of study in order to be able to accumulate placement hours. These placement hours will be necessary in order to qualify for CATA certification.*
- Obtain a First Responder Certificate after the completion of the Emergency Condition courses (AET 260 and AET 261)*
*You will be responsible for all additional costs associated with these requirements.
Notes: The work environment in which you will be employed requires demanding lifting and moving techniques and extensive hand washing. If you have back, neck, or arm injury or serious skin disorders such as psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis or latex allergy you should consider carefully before making an application to this program. For the same reasons, if you have a significant health challenge you should consult with the Program Chair, Connie Klassen.
You will require a minimum GPA of C+, and a minimum of a C grade in each course in order to graduate from the program.
Also, must complete all credits in the program which includes 114 academic coursework credits and 28 placement credits.Apply online
Missing admission requirements?
What kind of applicant are you?
Camosun has three different applicant categories:
- Current BC/Yukon High School Student
New BAET students are required to submit a portfolio of the following elements prior to starting the program:
- Needs Assessment
- Two Reference Letters
- Observation Hours