Award at a glance
Dollar valueTo be determined
EligibilityFormer youth in care
The Provincial Tuition Waiver program aims to make post-secondary education more accessible for former youth in care by providing financial support for tuition and mandatory student fees.
Students accessing the Provincial Tuition Waiver Program must be:
- Studying full or part-time at the undergraduate level at a BC public post-secondary institution; the Native Education College or an approved union-based trades training provider (see below for more information on eligible courses and programs and a full list of eligible institutions);
- Adopted through the BC Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD) or Indigenous Child and Family Service Agency (ICFSA); or
- Formerly in the B.C. Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction Child in Home of Relative Program; or
- Formerly in any B.C. MCFD or ICFSA Legal Status (either while living in B.C. or while placed by MCFD or an ICFSA on an Interprovincial Placement Agreement [IPPA]) at the time you turn(ed) 19 or for at least 24 months (730 days) (consecutive or accumulated in any combination).
Eligible programs at Camosun
The Provincial Tuition Waiver Program applies to a wide range of courses and programs.
This includes certificate, diploma, or degree programs including Trades and Apprenticeship training and many Professional Studies & Industry Training (ProSIT) courses leading to employment.
- The Provincial Tuition Waiver program will cover tuition and mandatory student fees for eligible courses/programs.
- There is no minimum course duration, course load, or maximum tuition fee coverage.
- The program is effective for courses/programs starting after September 1, 2017.
- Students may claim reimbursement at any time during the study period (a study period is defined as the first day of classes to the final class or exam, whichever is later).
How to Apply in Four Easy Steps
- Apply for admission to Camosun College.*
- Self-identify as a former youth in care to Financial Aid & Awards.
- Complete the consent form PDF to validate eligibility.
- Once your eligibility is confirmed, a Financial Aid Advisor will be in touch to discuss the next steps.
*Contact Financial Aid & Awards first if you plan to enrol in an apprenticeship or Professional Studies and Industry Training course, or if you are already registered in your courses.
For more information, contact Cheryl Dyck, Recruitment & Admissions Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org or
Thank you to our donor
Disclaimer: This page is being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only and does not constitute an endorsement or an approval by Camosun College of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual. Camosun College bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the administrator of the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.