The science of human behaviour and mental processes
If you are interested in working with, helping, or simply understanding people, psychology is a great place to start. Camosun offers a diverse selection of first and second year psychology courses that explore how people think, feel, and act.
Taking Psychology at Camosun
As a psychology student you will:
- learn from highly skilled, motivated, and award-winning faculty, many of whom previously taught at major research institutions
- complete courses with smaller lab and seminar classes that offer interactive hands-on learning
- select from over 30 first and second year psychology courses
- access specialized courses such as Sport and Exercise Psychology, Criminal and Deviant Behaviour, Music Psychology, and Interpersonal Skills during your first and second years
- have the option to earn an Associate of Arts Psychology Degree within two years or to complete a Co-op/internship program
- be given the opportunity to conduct supervised research and to publish in the Journal of Camosun Psychology Research (JoCPR)
Program or individual courses
You can take Psychology courses within one of our 2-year program or as individual courses within our university transfer program. If you plan to take individual courses at Camosun, when you apply online, you will select University Transfer as your program option.
Student Psychology Club
You'll find support and encouragement throughout your studies at Camosun by joining the Student Psychology Club—meeting other students in a social environment featuring guest speakers and activities that include movies, field trips, conferences, socials and excellent preparation for resume creation, scholarship applications, and admission to universities after Camosun. Learn more.
"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does." William James
School of Arts & Science
General Questions? We want to hear from you!
Office hours: 8am-4:30pm
Contact Admissions for information about applying to Camosun.