If it is part of life, it’s biology. Studying biology helps us understand our world, from DNA and the microscopic to whole organisms and global ecosystems.
Study Biology at Camosun
Biological sciences are at the forefront of research in medicine, biotechnology and the environment. Through biology, we tackle key ecological issues and global challenges like the use of antibiotics, personalized medicine, resource limitations and removal of invasive species.
The Camosun advantage
- Small class sizes. At Camosun we don’t teach in large lecture halls with hundreds of students; we work in smaller groups so you get more face time with your instructors.
- Tuition costs are about 30% lower than BC universities. We offer a wide range of biology first and second year courses and they are transferable for university credit at BC institutions.
- Learn at a pace that suits you. Choose full-time or part-time studies. The Science Help Centre, biology tutors and the Centre of Accessible Learning are there to help you succeed.
- Applied learning is our strength. Biology students develop their skills on state-of-the-art equipment like microscopes, biofermentors and centrifuges.
Camosun offers flexible programs that give you the chance to explore your passion for biology including:
- Arts and Science Studies Diploma
- Associate of Science Degree in Biology
- Associate of Science Degree in General
- University Transfer
Need to upgrade your high school biology marks to gain admission requirements or finish grade 12? We also offer academic upgrading.
What you’ll learn
Camosun offers courses in molecular biology (cell biology and genetics) and microbiology. Health related areas such as infectious disease, anatomy and physiology. Other courses include survey courses in ecology, diversity and plant and animal physiology.
It was at Camosun that I fell in love with science.
-Dr. Brad Nelson, Directly Deeley Research Centre
Questions about our programs?
School of Arts & Science
Location: Fisher 104
Office hours: 8am-4:30pm