I have been a post-secondary educator since 2012 and started teaching at Camosun College in 2015. I have a BSc and MSc (Biology) from the University of Victoria. My expertise is in molecular biology. My studies have focused specifically on the role nicotinic receptors play in the central nervous system and the biochemistry and genetics of rare inherited metabolic diseases like Gaucher Disease and Sanfilippo Syndrome. During my MSc I received a Graduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education and my passion for teaching was ignited! As an instructor, I facilitate learning through a constructivist lens. This praxis focuses on students experiencing authentic learning through understanding, social interaction, and specific tasks for a meaningful education. I strive to help you reach your goals and to make the classroom safe, engaging and fun!
- Biology 150 Human Anatomy
- Biology 152 Anatomy/Physiology for Nursing 1
- Biology 153 Anatomy/Physiology 2: Nursing
- Biology 104 Infectious Disease
- Biology 151 Human Physiology
- Biology 160 Microbiology for Dental Hygiene (replaced by Biology 161 Dental Hygiene Microbiology Fall 2020)