Elections for positions on both Camosun's Board of Governors and Education Council (EdCo) are managed through the Registrar's Office.
Election Rules, Candidate Guidelines and Nomination Forms
Board of Governors
Being on the Board of Governors is a way to have a voice in the affairs of the institution and establishing the policies that guide the activity of the College. The board focuses on policy and strategic leadership.
2023 Spring Election Results
- Students: 2 seats with a term or August 1, 2023 - July 31, 2024
- Elected: Jagjeet Singh and Logan Hudson
2022 Spring Election Results
- Students: 2 seats with a term of August 1, 2022–July 31, 2023
- Elected: Karen Young and Kyle Jones
- Faculty: 1 seat with a term of August 1, 2022–July 31, 2025
- Acclaimed: Albert Van Akker (Trades & Tech).
- Staff: 1 seat with a term of August 1, 2022–July 31, 2025
- Acclaimed: Joanne Cumberland
If you have an interest in educational policy, standards, and curriculum, serving on Camosun's Education Council (EdCo) is a great way to make a difference. Visit the Join EdCo page for more information about serving on the Education Council.
Note: The College and Institute Act mandates that the rules for election of members to the Education Council must reflect the distribution of programs and provide for representation of program and education support areas.
To meet this mandate and ensure equity and fairness in representation, the composition of available seats for Education Council is determined at the start of each election cycle prior to the start of the nomination period.
The existing composition and student enrolment numbers will generally be the principle factors used in determining composition from faculties; at times, other decision factors may include feedback from representative group leadership, the number of instructors per faculty/area, historical representation, and the College’s strategic priorities.
When there is more than one candidate for one seat but no nominations in another, the seat will be assigned to minimize vacancies and maximize the number of faculty representatives on Education Council.
2023 Fall By-Election Results
- Students: 3 seats with a term or November 1, 2023 - July 31, 2024
- Acclaimed: Ivy Bell and Navreet Singh Sidhu; one seat remain vacant until the 2024 Spring elections.
- Faculty: 2 seats with a term or November 1, 2023 - July 31, 2025.
- Acclaimed: Alexis Martfeld and Isabel Grondin.
2023 Spring Election Results
- Students: 4 seats with a term or August 1, 2023 - July 31, 2024
- Acclaimed: Ritika; three seats remain vacant until the 2023 fall by-elections
- Support Staff: 2 seats with a term or August 1, 2023 - July 31, 2025
- Acclaimed: Andrea Kucherawy and Tia Primrose.
- Faculty: 7 seats with a term or August 1, 2023 - July 31, 2025
- Acclaimed: Bijan Ahmed, Derek Murray, Lois Fernyhough, Mark Fournier, and Nicolas Read; two seats remain vacant until the 2023 fall by-elections.