Find answers to FAQs related to Camosun College & COVID-19. We will update these FAQ pages as new information becomes available.

Latest update: Monday, March 14, 2022

Where do I need to wear a mask?

  • As of March 11, face coverings are optional in all indoor public settings at Camosun, including classrooms.
  • Please be respectful of individual choices when it comes to face coverings and physical distancing. 
  • Vaccinations remain the primary layer of protection and Camosun strongly encourages all eligible people to get vaccinated. 

What should I do if I test positive for COVID-19?

  • Ater testing positive for COVID-19, the BCCDC advises that you need to: 

  1. Check if you may benefit from treatment 

  2. Complete an online form to report your test result 

  3. Let your close contacts know so that they can monitor for symptoms 

  4. Self-isolate and manage your symptoms 


What should I do if I am a close contact of someone who tested positive or has symptoms of COVID-19?

  • Monitor yourself for symptoms of COVID-19
  • If you develop symptoms:
    • Check to see if testing is recommended and use the Self-Assessment Tool
    • Stay at home until you are well enough to participate in your usual activities
    • Learn about self-managing your symptoms at home

​​​​Who should I notify at the college, and when is it safe for me to return to campus?

  • Review the BCCDC guidelines for self isolation to determine your safe return date
  • If you are a student, please notify your instructor(s) of the dates that you will need to miss in-person instruction due to self-isolating

If you are an employee, please email your workplace leader if your work schedule or attendance will be impacted by absence.

Are campuses safe?

  • Campuses are safe.
  • According to the Provincial Health Officer, transmission of every variant is occurring in places like households and unstructured social settings.
  • Transmission in educational settings on campus is said to be uncommon.

Do students, employees and campus visitors need to show proof of vaccination?

  • By order of the Provincial Health Officer, proof of vaccination is currently required to access some events, services and businesses. More information on key dates, and a list of events and services is available here.
  • Proof of vaccination is currently required to access Camosun’s recreation centres, Dunlop House Restaurant including pub nights, Classroom Restaurant at Helmut Huber and indoor sporting events.

Do I need to show proof of vaccination to access campus recreation centres? 

  • You need to show proof of vaccination and matching ID as per the Provincial Health Officer Order for Gatherings and Events. The order requires the college to scan the QR code on a digital or paper card using the BC Vaccine Card Verifier app. 
  • The app can scan the following types of proof: 
    • BC Vaccine Cards; 
    • Federal proof of vaccination; or 
    • QR codes from other provinces and territories. 
  • More information on proof of vaccination is here. 

Where can I find more information about COVID-19 vaccination? 

  • Getting vaccinated is safe and easy. Camosun encourages all students and employees to learn about the benefits and safety of the vaccine and consider vaccination to protect themselves and their community.
  • Vaccination is not mandatory to come on campus or attend classes. 
  • To register and book your vaccine appointment, please visit:   

Do the ventilation systems at Camosun meet the required standards?

  • Camosun’s ventilation systems are professionally designed, installed and maintained, and meet all the WorkSafeBC requirements along with ASHRAE Standards.
  • Learn about how Camosun’s efficient building ventilation systems work in this video.