- Instructor for courses related to exercise physiology, strength and conditioning and exercise and health.
- PhD in Exercise Physiology, University of Alberta (2000).
- MSc in Exercise and Health, University of Bristol, UK (1992).
- BSc in Biochemistry, University of Bristol, UK (1991).
- Graduate of Adventure Guide Diploma Program, Thompson Rivers University with guide certifications for river and ocean kayaking.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) as designated by the National Strength and Conditioning Association, USA.
- StrongFirst (SFG) Certified Kettlebell Instructor.
- Certified through CrossFit for barbell training, gymnastic training, Olympic lifting and CrossFit Kids.
- Certified in functional movement screening (FMS) and corrective exercise techniques.
- Extensive experience and qualifications in many sports and activities, including golf, racquet sports, whitewater kayaking, ocean kayaking, cycling and mountain pursuits.
- Lifelong bicycle commuter!