In addition to the services we offer in the Office of Student Support, we have put together a list of resources that you may find helpful.
Emergency and after-hours support
- Vancouver Island Crisis Line: 1-888-494-3888 (24 hour phone support)
- 1-800-SUICIDE or 1-800-784-2433 (24 hour phone support)
- BC Mental Health Support Line: 310-6789 (24 hour phone support)
- Here2Talk: 1-877-857-3397 (24 hour phone and chat counselling support for B.C. post-secondary students)
- Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868 or text 686868 (national 24-hour phone and text support)
- NUU-US crisis line: 1-800-588-8717 (24 hour phone support for Indigenous people in BC)
- Vancouver Island Crisis Society provides text and chat support options (not 24 hours)
- Youthspace.ca: online chat and e-counselling for youth under 30 (not 24 hours)
- Victoria Sexual Assault Clinic or Victoria Sexual Assault Response Team can be reached through the Vancouver Island Crisis Line: 1-888-494-3888
- Camosun Campus Security: 250-370-3075
- Call 911
- Go to Emergency at the Royal Jubilee Hospital
- Camosun College Counselling Centre
250-370-3571 or 250-370-4925
Provides and Camosun student with confidential no-charge counselling service.
- Camosun College Student Society
Lansdowne: 250-370-3590 • Interurban: 250-370-3868
A place for students to get support and information about clubs, events, services (UPass, Emergency Student Aid, Food Bank, Walk Safer, Book Swap, Housing Resources) and the student benefits package (including health and dental).
- Campus Safety
Lansdowne: 250-370-3057 • Interurban: 250-370-4043
Delivers safety and security services to protect the college community.
- Centre for Accessible Learning
Lansdowne: 250-370-3312 • Interurban: 250-370-4049
Coordinates supports and accommodations for students who self-identify with a diagnosed disability, including mental health.
- Eyēʔ Sqȃ'lewen: Centre for Indigenous Education & Community Connections
Lansdowne: 250-370-3299 • Interurban: 250-370-4870
Offers support services and Indigenous programs for Indigenous students and provides links between Camosun College, students, local Indigenous organizations, and First Nations communities.
- Office of Student Support
Provides information, support, resources, assistance with procedures, and connection to college and community services for any student who has experienced sexual violence or misconduct.
Lansdowne: 250-370-3405 • Interurban: 250-370-4444
An independent, impartial, and confidential service where students can go for assistance in dealing with conflicts or disputes on an informal basis.
- Pride Collective
Lansdowne: 250-370-3590 • Interurban: 250-370-3868
Dedicated to providing and creating a safe and supportive environment for students who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Two-Spirited, Intersex, Agender/Asexual, or any of the other diverse members of the Pride community (LGBTQ2IA+) and their allies.
- Walk Safer Program
Lansdowne: 250-217-4568 • Interurban: 250-217-5029 (Text or call)
Walk Safer offers campus patrols and escorts from September 30 through April 22 from 6 to 10pm, Monday to Thursday. Located in the Fisher main foyer or the CBA main entrance.
Greater Victoria community resources
- AIDS Vancouver Island
Serves the needs of people infected and affected by HIV and Hepatitis C. Works to prevent infection, provide support and reduce stigma.
- Beacon Community Services
Offers various supports to individuals within Southern Vancouver Island and the Outer Gulf Islands, including counselling on a sliding scale basis to those living in the Saanich Peninsula area.
- Bridges for Women Society
Supports women impacted by violence and abuse to reclaim their lives through education and employment training.
- Citizens Counselling Centre
Volunteer counsellors provide individual, couple and group counselling on a sliding scale basis.
- Eating Disorders Program – South Vancouver Island
Multidisciplinary community mental health team supports youth, adults and families impacted by eating disorders (self-referral).
- Esquimalt Neighbourhood House Society
Provides various services including mental health and supportive counselling for adults.
- First Nations Health Authority
Provides various supports including coverage for First Nations People to access mental health providers.
- Foundry Victoria
Provides free, confidential services to people aged 12 to 24, including primary health care, mental health support and counselling.
- Greater Victoria Street Survival Guide
Lists resources, including shelters, for individuals facing homelessness.
- Inter-Cultural Association of Greater Victoria
Provides information and support to help immigrants and refugees reach their goals.
- Island Health: Central Access and Rapid Engagement Service (CARES) Victoria
A single point of access to Mental Health and Substance Use (MHSU) services in Victoria.
- Island Health: Pain Program
Services for individuals living with severe chronic pain and those who support them (doctor referral required).
- Island Sexual Health
Pro-choice sexual health clinics, education programs and products. Includes pap tests, birth control, STI tests, pregnancy tests and more.
- Men’s Therapy Centre
Counselling and group support for anyone who identifies as a man and has experienced trauma as a child or an adult. Access to Victim Services workers who can provide referrals and funding options.
- Pacific Centre Family Services Association
Offers various programs, including affordable counselling and employment support to individuals, couples and families living on the West Shore.
- TAPS (Together Against Poverty Society)
Provides free, in-person legal advocacy for individuals facing income assistance, disability benefits, employment standards and tenancy issues.
- Vancouver Island Queer Resource Collective
List of resources for queer folks in and around Victoria.
- Vancouver Island Women’s Clinic
Provides a range of services for women during their reproductive years, including STI screening, contraception needs, management of miscarriage and unplanned pregnancy (abortion).
- Victoria Medical Society
A list of local walk-in clinics as well as family and maternity doctors accepting new patients.
- The Victoria Native Friendship Centre
Provides various forms of support to Indigenous people, including access to health services, addictions counselling and career/employment/education support.
- 1Up: Victoria Single Parent Resource Centre
Support for single parents, including free individual counselling sessions, mentoring and education.
- Victoria Immigrant and Refugee Centre Society
Helps with the settlement and adjustment of immigrants and refugees to Canada.
- Victoria Sexual Assault Centre and Clinic
Committed to supporting women and Trans survivors of sexual assault and childhood sexual abuse through advocacy, counselling and empowerment. The Sexual Assault Clinic provides a confidential and welcoming environment for recent survivors of sexual assault to receive medical/forensic exams, crisis support and reporting/referral options.
Online resources and apps
- Anxiety Canada
Online tools and resources to recognize and manage anxiety.
- Booster Buddy App
Free app to help youth improve their mental health and manage their wellness journey.
- Calm App
Meditation and mindfulness app to help manage anxiety, lower stress and improve sleep.
- Headspace App
Meditation and mindfulness app to reduce stress, have better focus and sleep better.
Free access to 24/7 counselling via app, phone and web support. For students registered at a BC post-secondary institution.
- Here to Help
Online resource for mental health and substance use information, including screening tools.
- Healthy Living
Online information from Health Canada to support healthy eating, physical activity, pregnancy, mental health and sexual/reproductive health.
- In the rooms
Provides global access to over 130 live online recovery meetings a week, including alcoholics and narcotics anonymous.
- Insight Timer App
Free library of guided meditations
- Mindshift CBT App
Free app using CBT tools to manage anxiety.
BC post-secondary students can access free counselling 24/7 via app, phone and web.