Award at a glance
Number of Awards1
The purpose of this gift shall be to recognize a student in the Digital Communications program who has little to no prior education that wants to better themselves through education and may just need that little extra boost to help get them there.
The next round of applications will be open May 2, 2022.
- Any first time post-secondary student entering the Digital Communications Program on a full-time basis
- Submit a Student Statement of no more than 500 words, detailing how you meet the objectives of the award
- Attachments can be in any of these file formats: PDF, DOC, DOCX
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- The Awards Committee will review applications and recommend a recipient. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The successful recipient will be notified by email no later than 6 weeks after the award application closing date.
- The award will be applied to the successful recipient’s tuition account for the Fall semester. If all tuition is paid in full, the award will be refunded through Electronic Fund Transfer or as a cheque to the recipient.
Thank you to our donor
“Self-expression has been and is one of the core pillars that hold up my foundation of success. In my generation, I feel it is my responsibility to become very active in my community to change our world for the better. Enrolling and excelling in the Digital Communications program at Camosun and my community involvement have motivated me to engage in an active role in my community and improve others' lives within it. Actively involved, and offering my knowledge and experience to those who need it, has reinforced my life goal to allow others to benefit from my experience and actions.
My experience was so unique from start to finish, and to where it has led me to now, that I wanted to share it with others. The best way I knew how to do that is to give back. I've created an entrance award called The Leap of Faith for the Digital Communications Award tailored towards those who need that extra boost, to those who have little to no prior education that want to level up and reinvent themselves. My award will be $1,000 dollars annually to help start funding this scholarship for the Digital Communications Program. As I continue to grow personally and professionally, so will those in my community. To be the change we wish to see in our world today, the thought or the intention alone is not enough. We need to start looking at similarities in our fellow brothers and sisters instead of differences and be the change as a collective. Even the smallest pebble tossed can create ripples.”
Disclaimer: This page is being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only and does not constitute an endorsement or an approval by Camosun College of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual. Camosun College bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the administrator of the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.