Camosun Chargers - Bear Mountain Collegiate Tournament
March 29-30, 2014
The Camosun College Chargers men's golf team earned second place at the Bear Mountain Collegiate Tournament title this past weekend, finishing behind PACWEST Provincial Champions University of the Fraser Valley Cascades (UFV).
"Congrats to UFV, it was great seeing all the college golfers out this spring," comments Chargers Head Coach John Randle.
The Chargers shot a team total of 610 over the two-day event (March 29-30). The Cascades set the standard with a team total of 591. The rest of the men's results can be seen below:
Men's Team 2-Day Totals
- University of the Fraser Valley Cascades, 591
- Camosun College Chargers, 610
- Grant MacEwan University Griffins, 614
- Lethbridge College Kodiaks, 621
Camosun's Individual Leaders
- Brady Stead – 69-77- 146
- Jarred Callbeck – 74-78- 152
- Grant Maskiewich – 82-73 - 155
- Brett Devries – 80-80-160
- Mike Flegel 79-91 - 170
The women's side of the draw saw two teams hit the links, The Grant MacEwan University Griffins and University of the Fraser Valley Cascades. The Griffins finished on top with a score of 329, while the Cascades shot a 336.
Top 3 Women's Individual 2-Day Totals
- Megan Vermillion, GMU - 163
- Kelly Dalzell, UFV - 165
- Sydney Johnson-Parker, GMU - 166
"Thanks to Bear Mountain and their staff for hosting a great event this year," says Coach Randle. "The players all raved about the course and the tournament went with off without a hitch."