15 Camosun student-athletes earn National Scholar honours
September 22, 2014
Camosun College is pleased to announce that 15 Chargers student-athletes have been recognized by the Canadian Collegiate Athletic Association (CCAA) as recipients of the 2013-2014 CCAA National Scholar Award.
National Scholar Athletes are recognized for their outstanding academic accomplishments and must achieve an honours standing at their institution over a full academic year. From last year's 94 CCAA member-institutions, 704 student-athletes were awarded the prestigious honour in their pursuit of academic and athletic excellence.
Congratulations to the following Camosun Chargers student-athletes!
- Harrison Mar, 1st Year (Mt. Doug)
- Lachlan Ross, 2nd Year (Hawker College, AUS)
- Brianne Larson, 3rd Year (Cowichan)
- Elyse Matthews, 4th Year (Stelly's)
- Rachael Bakker, 1st Year (Duncan Christian)
- Olivia Bakker, 1st Year (Duncan Christian)
- Amy Acheson, 1st Year (Lambrick Park)
- Alex Sadowski, 3rd Year (Belmont)
- Lucas Dellabough, 2nd Year (Lambrick Park)
- Cameron Fennema, 1st Year (Pacific Christian)
- James Poirier, 3rd Year (GCVI, ON)
- Jamie Rodstrom, 2nd Year (Belmont)
- Olivia Redden, 3rd Year (Seaquam)
- Kelsey Clarke, 3rd Year (Seaquam)
- Morgan Marshall, 3rd Year (Smithers)
"We're so proud that our student-athletes have been recognized for their academic accomplishments," exclaimed Athletics Coordinator Graham Matthews. "It's a solid testament to how the Chargers program helps develop highly competitive athletes AND scholars."
Marketing & Communications