At our Writing Centres, you'll learn effective writing strategies and gain valuable skills
to help you write well in college:
- Approach writing as a process, or series of steps.
- Allow enough time for each step: planning, drafting, revising, editing, and proofreading.
- Write summaries, critiques, arguments, research papers, reports, memos, business letters, etc.
- Use the assignment guidelines to keep you on track.
- Write for your intended audience.
- Use a specific citation style to format your paper and cite your sources (APA, IEEE, etc.).
- Organize and develop ideas to support your main point.
- Present ideas concisely using simple, concrete language.
- Understand grammar and punctuation rules.
- Use effective editing and proofreading techniques.
Writing Centre consultants are ready to help! Book an appointment today.
Group appointments encouraged.
The Writing Process