Nursing students can explore healthcare within Maori and South Pacific cultures while applying your skills in community clinics and hospital settings.
New Zealand Field School 2020
The New Zealand field school provides students with the opportunity to explore healthcare within Maori and South Pacific cultures while applying their skills in community clinics and hospital settings. Students will receive training on cultural safety and participate in cultural activities unique to New Zealand.
Students in NURS 190 and NURS 290 may also be interested in the Whitehorse Field School, offering a unique opportunity to experience community health care in a rural setting, and incorporating Indigenous health and healing practices.
- Wellington/Porirua, New Zealand
- May-June, 2020
- Courses offered
- NURS 290 Consolidated Practice Experience 2
- Approx. $3,300-$3,700
- Cost includes
- Transportation to and from the airport, accommodation, medical insurance, program-related activities, welcome and farewell dinner, and operational costs.
- Cost excludes
- Tuition: $850
- Camosun Student Society Fees: $50
- Airfare: $1500 (estimate)
- Daily transportation: $100 (estimate)
- Recommended vaccinations and or medicines: Variable
- Daily meals, free time expenses and personal expenses: $30-$50/day
- Shared housing/hostel. Details TBD
- Deadline to apply
- December 6, 2019
- Camosun International Scholarship
- One World International Scholarships
- Aileen Wood Meszaros
- Sample Schedule
- Proposed 2020 Schedule PDF
Read about students' experiences abroad
Working at the Hospital in Wellington
Coming into New Zealand, I was full of excitement and also extremely nervous. I had no idea what It was going to be like working in a completely different country with different policies and a different philosophy of nursing.Read more
Nursing in New Zealand
I travelled to Wellington, New Zealand for my second-year nursing practicum with 6 other students from different sections. I enjoyed every aspect of working in the Wellington Hospital on the neurology floor and all of the staff that I was able to work with were so welcoming.Read more