Choose Field Schools for your next study abroad adventure
Field Schools are short-term study abroad programs with long-lasting memories. Taught and led by Camosun faculty, you will study and travel with a group of students for up to six weeks. Field Schools change every academic year.
2019 Field Schools
Get the tools and resources and develop a support network to help you succeed in your upcoming study abroad experience.
Most field schools leave in May or June
Prices range depending on the length and location of the field school. International students are welcome to join Field Schools. International fees apply.
Student loans may be available to Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents who are normally eligible. Contact Financial Aid directly.
Scholarships are available.
- Included: Most Field School fees include flights, accommodation (may be rustic), travel medical insurance, and operational costs. Meals may be included, depending on the program. Visit each Field School website for details.
- Not included: Tuition, Camosun College Student Society fees, personal expenses, course texts and materials, immunizations, vaccinations, and medications, passport fees or photos for visa.
Applicants must be nineteen or older before departure and be in good academic standing. Qualified students from institutions other than Camosun College are eligible to participate, but must gain admission to Camosun College. Please contact Study Abroad for more information.
You can travel on your own after the field school has ended. Students can make their own arrangements with our travel agent to change their flights and allow themselves time to travel after the field school program has concluded. Any changes made to the original travel arrangements will be made at the student's personal expense.
- February 19, 2018
- All participants confirmed. Deposits will be non-refundable.
- March 5, 2018
- Fee deadline for first payment. First payment amount varies for each program. Students who wish to withdraw must do so on or before the fee deadline and will be required to pay fees for any costs incurred to date, plus the non-refundable deposit.
- March 12, 2018
- First payment becomes non-refundable.
- March 26, 2018
- Fee deadline for final payment. Final amount varies for each program. Students who wish to withdraw must do so on or before the fee deadline and will be required to pay fees for any costs incurred to date, plus the non-refundable deposit.
- April 2, 2018
- All field school fees become non-refundable.