Our Service Standards
As a student or other member of the college community, you should be aware of how long it takes to access one of our many services, including receiving a response to a question or concern.
These “service standards” are our commitment to you, and represent a conservative estimate based on past experience, which can vary significantly depending on the time of year and demand on our services. You may actually find that you are served faster than expected. As we are always looking for ways to improve our service, it is important for us to know if your expectations were met well, or if we did not meet our standards. Either way, please let us know!
- Voicemail to Academic Advising from students will be acknowledged/responded to within 2 to 4 business days. Student emails to Academic Advising will be acknowledged/responded to within 2 to 4 business days.
Admissions and Registration
- Calls to 250-370-3550 Admissions or Registration are responded to within 1 to 8 minutes, with rare exceptions during peak times.
- Student inquiries sent via the Ask Us system are responded to (by email) within 1 to 3 business days.
- Depending on completeness of documentation, complexity, and time of year, admission assessment can take between 1 week and several months. Please apply as early as possible!
- Camlink course registration actions have immediate effect. In-person course registration takes from 2 to 10 minutes unless follow-up is required.
- Course withdrawal on Camlink has immediate effect. In person or written course withdrawal requests received prior to the withdrawal deadline are processed within 24 hours of receipt of proper documentation.
- Student emails to the Counselling department will be responded to within one to three business days.
- Urgent Counselling appointments will be booked same business day. Standard counselling appointments are generally booked within 2 weeks from date of request, but wait times can be longer during peak periods.
Data Management, Systems and Scheduling
- Exam schedules are posted on Camlink several times per year.
- Fall and Quarter 1 will be posted within 1 week of the second Friday in October.
- Winter and Quarter 2 will be posted within 1 week of the second Friday in February.
- Quarter 3 will be posted within 1 week of the second Friday in May.
- Spring exam schedule will be posted within 1 week of the fourth Friday in May.
- Summer will be posted within 1 week of the fourth Friday in July.
- Quarter 4 exam schedule will be posted within 1 week of the second Friday in August.
- College course description changes are made year round, in accordance with Education Council approvals.
Financial Aid & Awards
- Inquiries to Financial Aid and Awards by voicemail and email will be responded to within 2 business days, though resolution may take longer depending on complexity of the issue.
- StudentAid BC and out of province requests for electronic confirmation of enrolment for student loan funding and interest free status are processed by the Financial Aid & Awards office within 2 business days.
- Emergency Bursary requests are responded to by Financial Aid & Awards within 2 business days. Receipt of emergency funding can take up to 2 weeks.
- Foundation bursary processing is completed by Financial Aid & Awards 6 to 8 weeks after the application deadline. Bursary recipients are notified by mail by the end of the semester.
- Part Time Studies Applications are processed by Financial Aid & Awards within 3 business days and then forwarded to StudentAid BC. Notification of assessment is normally mailed by StudentAid BC within 2 weeks.
- Adult Upgrading Grant (AUG) (formerly ABESAP) applications are reviewed in person during regular office hours. Eligibility is normally determined during initial contact when the application is submitted.
Fees and Refunds
- Updates to program and course fee information will be updated on College website annually each summer, subsequent to Tuition Committee approvals.
- Refunds are processed each Wednesday by Data Management Systems and Scheduling, with Finance producing the refunds on the Friday.
- Medical Compassionate Withdrawal Request forms will be considered within 3 weeks of receipt by the Registrar's office (as per policy). A response will usually be mailed to the student within two weeks of the decision being made and within five weeks of the original receipt of the request form. If possible, responses will be sent out more quickly. However, during times of heavy volume, a response may take longer than the standard five weeks.
- Student Feedback/Complaint email sent to the registrar will be acknowledged and/or responded to within 5 business days.
- Application to Graduate/Request for Credential forms will be processed by the Student Records department within 4-6 weeks from the last date of exams or from their receipt of form.
- Transcripts are produced by Student Records on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and are generally sent within 3 business days of receiving the request.
- Letter of Enrolment/Verification of Enrolment requests are processed by Student Records within 3 business days of receipt of form and payment.
- Transfer credit evaluation of BC credentials will be completed within 8 to 10 weeks of receipt of proper documentation. For Canadian non-BC credentials, evaluation will take up to 10 weeks. Foreign credential transfer credit evaluation is typically completed within 10 weeks, dependent on complexity.
Last updated: September 26, 2017 3:03 pm