There are several possible reasons that could prevent you from registering for a class using Camlink. Check the list to see if any of these apply to your situation.
- Are you a first year student in a trade or technical program, just starting your first term? If you are, you do not need to use Camlink yet as the Registration department will enrol you in this first term.
- Have you Web Declared and paid your deposit for the term? Students required to use Camlink must complete these two steps before registering.
- Is it your registration date? If you have Web Declared, you will have been provided your registration date. You can register on or after this date, but not before. Camlink registration is only available within certain date ranges, up to the Thursday before classes start each term. After that, students must register in-person.
- Do you have all the necessary prerequisites for the course you want to enrol in? If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite course, you will normally be allowed to register, but will be dropped if you don't pass the requisite course. Also, some courses need to be taken at the same time as another course, which means you must concurrently enrol in the co-requisite course.
- Do you have outstanding fees or overdue library books? You will not be able to register until this has debt been cleared up.
- Has the class already started? You cannot use Camlink to register for a course after it has started. You may however still be able to get into the class if the instructor is willing to sign a Permission to Register form. Return the signed form to Registration Services to get registered in the class.
- Are you using a supported Internet browser? Only Internet Explorer, Safari 4, and FireFox are verified to work with all Camlink functions.
- Have you been away for a year or longer? If so, you will need to contact Admissions.
- There may be an unscheduled outage, and Camlink has become temporarily unavailable. While we do our best to attend to the problem, it may take time to correct. Please wait, and try again later.
If none of the above apply, please contact the Registration Department at either campus.