PaperCut is the name of the system used at Camosun to track and charge for student printing and photocopying on campus.
Save money at the Printshop
Did you know? If you have a multi-page colour document, the Camosun Printshop can print it for a lower cost than using a self-serve printer.
We'll process your job as quickly as possible—normally within 2 hours.
In the computer labs
You print as you would from any computer: Windows Button/Print/Print or Ctrl+P.
- To change your printer, click on the drop-down list at the top of the printer window.
- To access more print options, click on the Properties button after you've chosen your printer.
- To print single sided click None under Print on Both Sides
- Remember: Camosun printers default to double sided, so you must choose single sided if that is what you want.
- PaperCut monitors your choices and deduct the appropriate amount of credits from your account when you print.
- We encourage everyone to print double-sided to save trees and money!
If a printer jams
- If a printer is disabled when you send your job, you will immediately receive a message that the printer is disabled, and your job will not be charged. You may send your job to a different printer on the list if that is the case.
- If the printer jams during the printing of your job, immediately contact the Lab Tech for that lab. They can reimburse your account for print jobs that did not print properly. Print to another available printer.
At Lansdowne, you can print to a nearby colour printer from the General Purpose labs in the Ewing Building or to the AV colour printer on the first floor of the Library (before you print, make sure there is someone in AV who can retrieve your print job). At Interurban, print to the Library Learning Commons printer in the Campus Centre library. Some specialized labs also have access to a colour printer.
- Colour printing is about four times more expensive than black and white printing.
- Printing a black and white document to a colour printer costs 1¢ more than printing to a black and white printer.
Printing from portable devices (laptops, netbooks, etc.) to some college printers / *MFD's is made possible through PaperCut™ by using the built-in "Web Print" feature. With this method there is no need to download and install any print drivers or software. All you need is:
- Access to the Internet
- A valid PaperCut™ account
- Sufficient print credits for the job you want to print
*MFD stands for multi function device. This means that the machine is able to photocopy, scan and print. MFD's look like copiers. Not all student printers will be available for wireless printing. When you log in to the PaperCut™ web interface and choose to send a job using Web Print, you will see a list of wireless devices. If a device is not in the list it means that wireless printing is not enabled for that particular machine.
Find out how to use WebPrint. PDF
Photocopying and scanning
Copying using PaperCut
To conserve energy, photocopiers are set to go to sleep. If the On button, far right top, is not lit green, press it once. If the touch screen is dark, touch it or lift the copier lid.
The PaperCut system will deduct credits from your account for each copy you make. If a copier jams, please notify a Lab Tech, Printshop or Library staff member, or someone in the nearest school office. Most of the time they can get you up and running quickly.
- Touch Username and Password.
- Touch Username and enter your Camosun ID. Touch OK.
- Touch Password and enter your Camosun ID. Touch OK.
- Touch Login.
- Press the Copy button on the left side of the control panel to begin copying.
Colour copying is available at the Interurban Library, and at Lansdowne through AV services in the Library.
|LANS Fisher 1st Flr BW #8408||Copy centre by vending machines||✗|
|LANS Fisher 1st Flr BW #8409||Copy centre by vending machines||✗|
|LLC Rsrv MFD BW||Library Reserves Room # 8425||✗|
|LLC Rsrv MFD Colour||Library Reserves Room Colour #8422||✓|
|LLC114 MFD BW||NW corner of Library by brick wall #8427||✗|
|LLC 2nd Floor BW||BW MFD on 2nd floor, to right of the first door||✗|
|ILC 358 MFD||CC 3rd Library by front lounge area||✗|
|ILC 358 Colour MFD||CC 3rd Library Colour front lounge area||✓|
|CBA 2nd BW MFD||CBA 2nd floor MFD in Atrium||✓|
|Tech 2nd MFD||Tech 2nd hallway near 263||✗|
|PISE3 MFD||MFD across from reception desk PISE 3rd floor||✗|