Part-time funding tips
Applying for and managing your funding is made easier when you are well informed. Find out what you need to know in order to meet your academic goals while remaining financially responsible.
Once you are registered for your part-time courses, submit your Part-Time Studies Application as soon as possible. You can find the application form here.
Applications take approximately 6 weeks to process.
Funding will not be released until after your study period starts.
Apply one term (study period) at a time
- At Camosun, apply for your student loan(s) one semester or one quarter at a time.
- Application Deadline: six weeks before your study period end date
- Once Financial Aid & Awards has confirmed your enrolment, you will be issued a Certificate of Eligibility for Part-Time Student Loans or Grants for any funds you are eligible to receive. Upon receipt, complete the form, including the necessary bank account information, and take it to a designated post office for processing. Do not mail your documents directly. You will be required to show your Social Insurance card and government issued photo ID (BCID, driver's license, passport).
- To find a designated post office in your area, please visit the CanLearn site.
Keep your part-time loans in interest free status
- If you continue to study but do not plan to apply for additional part-time or full-time funding, apply online for interest free status.
- Apply for interest free status every semester or study period.
- Approximately one week after submitting your request for interest free status, follow up with National Student Loan Service Centre to ensure your correct study period end date has been updated.
- Learn more
- Ask questions to ensure you understand your student debt responsibilities.
- Read all instructions & general information to know what you must do and when.
- Keep a financial aid file with all your financial aid information and forms.
- Check with Financial Aid & Awards before changing your program or course credit load, as your eligibility for funding or interest free status can be affected.