Financial aid may be available to assist with your tuition, deposit and student fees for upgrading.
If you are attending Camosun in one of the following programs, you may be eligible to have your tuition, deposit and fees paid.
Eligible Camosun programs
- Academic Upgrading (including College Preparatory)
- English Language Development (ELD)
- Employment Training and Preparation (ETP)
- Building Employment Success for Tomorrow (BEST)
Note: College Preparatory courses at the 100-level are not eligible for upgrading funding.
How to apply for funding
Prior to paying your deposit and registering for your program or course:
- Apply for the Adult Upgrading Grant (AUG)
- A Financial Aid Advisor will assess your application and let you know if you qualify.
Speak to Financial Aid & Awards to see if you are eligible to have your tuition, deposit and fees paid for through funding.
Types of Funding
Adult Upgrading Grant (AUG)
AUG funding (formerly ABESAP) is provincial government grant funding that you do not need to pay back. It covers tuition, deposit, student fees, required textbooks and child care support for eligible upgrading programs.
Students with a permanent disability
If you have a permanent disability you may be eligible to receive specialized funding. Learn more.
If you are a student with Indigenous ancestry you may be eligible to receive specific grants or funding from a variety of sources. Contact an Indigenous Advisor to learn more.