If you are a student with a permanent disability, both the government and Camosun have various supports in place to assist you in your academic journey. Get informed and make the most of the programs available to you.
Establishing Permanent Disability Status
If you wish to be considered for disability-related grants or supplementary bursaries, and if you want to be eligible for full-time funding with a 40-59% credit load, you must apply for Permanent Disability (PD) status through StudentAid BC. This is done by submitting an Appendix 8 - Request for Permanent Disability Programs form.
Note: Persons with Disabilities status through the Ministry of Social Development and Social Innovation is not the same as having Permanent Disability status with StudentAid BC.
What Permanent Disability Programs might I be eligible for?
If StudentAid BC has deemed you to have a permanent disability, you may be eligible for financial supports, provided you demonstrate financial need. Demonstrate financial need by submitting an application for full-time or part-time funding.
- Canada Student Grant for Persons with Permanent Disabilities (CSG-PD)
- Canada Student Grant for Services and Equipment for Persons with Permanent Disabilities (CSGP-SEPD)
- Supplemental Bursary for Students with Disabilities (SBSD)
- British Columbia Access Grant for Full-Time Students with Permanent Disabilities (BCAG)
- Assistance Program for Students with Permanent Disabilities (APSD)
- Learning Disability Assessment Bursary (LDAB)
- Assistive Technology British Columbia (AT-BC) Loan Bank Services
Getting support while you're here
If you have questions about the PDPA, government funding for students with a disability, or how Camosun can best support you during your studies, you are strongly encouraged to connect with the Centre for Accessible Learning, ideally four months before the start of class. Learn more.
Not a BC resident?
Check in with your home province or territory to learn how to secure PD status for student loan and grant purposes. Visit the CanLearn site for contact information.