Camosun logo for print

Financial Aid & Awards

Students with Permanent Disabilities

If you are a student with a permanent disability, both the government and Camosun have various supports in place to assist you in your academic journey. Get informed and make the most of the programs available to you.

Establishing Permanent Disability Status

If you wish to be considered for disability-related grants or supplementary bursaries, and if you want to be eligible for full-time funding with a 40-59% credit load, you must apply for Permanent Disability (PD) status through StudentAid BC. This is done by submitting an Appendix 8 - Request for Permanent Disability Programs form.

Note: Persons with Disabilities status through the Ministry of Social Development and Social Innovation is not the same as having Permanent Disability status with StudentAid BC.

What Permanent Disability Programs might I be eligible for?

If StudentAid BC has deemed you to have a permanent disability, you may be eligible for financial supports, provided you demonstrate financial need. Demonstrate financial need by submitting an application for full-time or part-time funding.

Getting support while you're here

If you have questions about the PDPA, government funding for students with a disability, or how Camosun can best support you during your studies, you are strongly encouraged to connect with the Centre for Accessible Learning, ideally four months before the start of class. Learn more.

Not a BC resident?

Check in with your home province or territory to learn how to secure PD status for student loan and grant purposes. Visit the CanLearn site for contact information.

Centre for Accessible Learning
Contact Us
Camosun College Lansdowne
3100 Foul Bay Rd
Victoria BC V8P 5J2
Camosun College Interurban
4461 Interurban Rd
Victoria BC V9E 2C1
  • 250–370–3000
  • 1–877–554–7555 (toll-free)

©1996–2020 Camosun College | Victoria BC, Canada | Printed: February 23, 2020 at 3:30 pm Change Everything logo for print