Camosun logo for print

Information • February 20, 2020 9:24 am • Important: College Service Closures during Reading Break • Read more…

Financial Aid & Awards

Money you'll need to repay

Part-time funding

Government loans and grants are available to part-time students who are registered in eligible programs. It is important to be aware that part-time funding assesses only for tuition, student fees, books and supplies, transportation, and child care. You will not be assessed for living costs.

Applying for StudentAid BC loans & grants for Fall 2019?

The StudentAid BC Application for full-time government loans & grants are now available.

Get the details from the StudentAid BC website.

Choose CAMOSUN COLLEGE- ALL CAMPUSES for classes/programs starting after August 1, 2019.

What does it mean to be a part-time student for the purposes of financial aid?

Part-time students are registered in 20-59% of a full-time course load. If you are a student with a permanent disability and need help with your living costs, you can elect to apply for a full-time loan if you are studying in 40% or more of a full-time credit load.

What will I be assessed for when I apply?

Your application will ensure you are assessed for all available funds for which you are eligible. Funds may include:

Do I have to repay all of it?

No. You must pay back the loan portion of your funding, with interest. Grant and bursary funds do not need to be repaid. Once your application has been assessed, you will receive a notification that tells you how much money and what type of money you will receive. As a part-time applicant, you can choose whether to apply for both a loan and grant, or just grant funding.

How do I apply?

First, you must register in your courses. Then, download and complete a Part-Time Studies Application. Once you have completed it, you are required to bring it to Financial Aid & Awards in-person, with photo ID. You can find our hours and locations here.

What else do I need to know?

Get student loan application and management tips here!

What if I'm not a resident of BC?

You will want to apply for a student loan through your home province or territory. Check out CanLearn to find out how to do so.

Legal office assistant grads
Contact Us
Camosun College Lansdowne
3100 Foul Bay Rd
Victoria BC V8P 5J2
Camosun College Interurban
4461 Interurban Rd
Victoria BC V9E 2C1
  • 250–370–3000
  • 1–877–554–7555 (toll-free)

©1996–2020 Camosun College | Victoria BC, Canada | Printed: February 20, 2020 at 11:55 am Change Everything logo for print