The Financial Aid & Awards office is currently experiencing a high volume of emergency bursary inquiries and submissions. We will respond as soon as possible to all inquiries received, in the order in which we receive them. Current response time is approximately 3 weeks. We appreciate your patience.
COVID-19 Emergency Student Bursaries
Have you been financially impacted by the current pandemic situation? The BC Government and Camosun College have established a COVID-19 Emergency bursary fund to provide one-time $200 funding to support current registered students impacted by this crisis. These limited funds are available to assist students with immediate financial hardships. Camosun College appreciates the generous contributions from its donors to the Erasing Barriers Fund.
How to apply
To apply, please email the Financial Aid & Awards office at email@example.com with the following required information:
- Details about how you have been financially impacted by the COVID-19 situation (e.g. lost income due to lay off, illness or caregiving)
- Include your full name, student number, the amount of funding you are requesting and how you intend to use the funds.
- If approved, you will be asked to complete an electronic funds transfer form and provide bank verification document or void cheque, so funds can be transferred directly into your bank account. Payments will be processed within approximately one week after full documentation has been received.
- Requests for funds will continue to be processed while funds are available.
- Students are encouraged to look at other community resources.
Other Emergency Bursaries
Emergency Bursary is a non-repayable award that may be available for those students who are experiencing an unexpected financial emergency. Examples, may include but not limited to, access to emergency housing, food, medical emergency etc. To apply for an emergency bursary, students must complete the Emergency Assistance Application. Students are encouraged to include any supporting documentation to assist in the review of their application. Please email Financial Aid & Awards, firstname.lastname@example.org, to discuss your situation and request an Emergency Assistance Application.
Additional government supports
We recommend that you also seek out other community, and/or government resources to assist you in getting through this challenging time. We have put together a few options here for you to consider:
- BC 211 is an excellent resource for a wide variety of supports, including food banks, housing and emergency supports
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan which includes information about the NEW Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB)
- The BC Government’s COVID-19 Action Plan includes information about rental supplements, and deferred payment options for BC Hydro and ICBC