The Torque Masters Car Club Entrance Award is a non-repayable award that encourages students to pursue careers in automotive trades. One award is available for a full-time student entering the Automotive Service Technician Foundation Program at Camosun College for each of the Winter and Fall intakes. Students must be graduating from either the Greater Victoria School District #61 or Saanich School District #63 to apply. In addition to strong academic achievement, the applicant must have contributed to their community and/or high school through volunteer or extra-curricular activities. The award is adjudicated on a competitive basis.
Camosun College Entrance Award Applications are now closed.
The next round of applications will be open May 1, 2020.
Torque Masters Car Club Entrance Award (Fall)
- Value: varies annually, approx. $750.00
- Program of Study: Automotive Service Technician Foundation Program
- Number of Awards: 1
- Must have attained outstanding academic achievement (B average or higher) upon high school graduation (grade 11 and 12).
- Must be graduating from either the Greater Victoria School District #61 or the Saanich School District #63 and be within 12 months of high school graduation.
- Must be enrolled or planning to enroll in the upcoming Fall semester in the Automotive Service Technician Foundation Program full time program.
- Must be able to demonstrate contributions to community, or high school, through volunteer or extra-curricular activities.
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Complete the online application no later than August 1, 2019. ***Deadline extended to September 16, 2019***
- Upload supporting documentation with online application. Include:
- Copy of your high school transcript.
- Personal statement outlining your volunteer and community involvement.
- Online application will be available from May 1-August 1. ***Deadline extended to September 16, 2019***
- Complete applications must be submitted by August 1 (Deadline extended to September 16, 2019). All supporting documentation must be received by this date. Late, incomplete, or printed applications will not be accepted.
- Adjudication of this award will be managed by the Financial Aid and Awards office. All decisions are final.
- Successful recipients will be notified by email by October 1.
- Award will be applied directly to the student's Camosun account. If tuition and fees have already been paid, the surplus amount will be refunded.
- Entrance awards cannot be deferred to a future semester or year.
- Students will not normally receive more than one entrance award.