The Shirley & Harvey Pinch Entrance Award is a non-repayable award that recognizes outstanding academic achievement upon high school graduation to students entering full-time studies in the Fall semester with the School of Business at Camosun College. The award is adjudicated on a competitive basis.
Shirley & Harvey Pinch Entrance Award Applications are now closed.
The next round of applications will be open May 1, 2019.
Shirley & Harvey Pinch Entrance Award in Business
- Value: varies annually, approx. $1,000 per award
- Program of Study: Any Camosun School of Business full-time program.
- Number of Awards: 2
- Must have attained outstanding academic achievement (B average or higher) upon high school graduation (grade 11 and 12).
- Must be enrolled or planning to enrol in the upcoming Fall semester in a full time program leading to a credential, and be within 12 months of high school graduation.
- Must demonstrate interest in leadership or entrepreneurship.
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Complete the online application no later than August 1, 2018.
- Upload supporting documentation with online application. Include:
- Letter of reference from your principal, vice-principal or a teacher, demonstrating interest in leadership or entrepreneurship.
- Letter written by student outlining interest in leadership and entrepreneurship.
- Copy of your high school transcript.
- Online application will be available from May 1-August 1, 2018.
- Complete applications must be submitted by August 1, 2018. All supporting documentation must be received by this date. Late, incomplete, or printed applications will not be accepted.
- Adjudication of this award will be managed by the Financial Aid and Awards office. All decisions are final.
- Successful recipients will be notified by email by October 1, 2018.
- Award will be applied directly to the student's Camosun account. If tuition and fees have already been paid, the surplus amount will be refunded.
- Entrance awards cannot be deferred to a future semester or year.
- Students will not normally receive more than one entrance award.