This award will recognize a Camosun College student in any discipline who, along with a strong academic record, demonstrates an active interest in the cause of animal rights. The award is intended to raise awareness of the plight of animals and to encourage a change in attitude toward animals used in research and the treatment of animals in our community.
Peter and Muriel Mixon Animal Rights Endowment Award application is now closed for 2019.
Please check back in March 2020 for next year's application.
Peter and Muriel Mixon Animal Rights Endowment Award
- Value: $1000 (approx.)
- Number of Awards: 1
- Be enrolled at Camosun College in the 12 months prior to the award application deadline.
- Demonstrate strong academic performance, with a minimum GPA of 5.0 (B).
- Demonstrate active volunteering in the cause of animal rights.
- The Awards Committee will review applications and recommend a recipient. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- As Grade Point Average is a criteria for this award, the Awards Committee will be reviewing Camosun College transcripts.
- The successful recipient will be notified by email no later than 6 weeks after the award application closing date.
With thanks to Dr. Peter Mixon, a long-time teacher of English Literature at Camosun College who retired in 1985 and established this award in 2003.