The Lt. Governor’s Medal is presented annually at graduation to a student who has been enrolled in a certificate, two year diploma or four year undergraduate program and achieves high academic standing in the program and has contributed to the promotion of inclusion, democracy and/or reconciliation within their campus community.
Lt Governor’s Medal Nominations are now open
Applications will be accepted until May 10.
The Lieutenant Governor’s Medal for Inclusion, Democracy and Reconciliation
- Value: No financial value
- Number of Awards: 1
Student nominee will:
- Demonstrate strong academic performance, with a minimum overall GPA of 6.0 (B+).
- Be enrolled in a post-secondary level certificate, two year diploma or four year undergraduate degree program at Camosun College.
- Note College Prep, Access, Language Development, Bridge, etc. programs are not considered to meet the definition for this award.
- Be credentialing at Camosun College in the 12 months prior to the award application deadline
- Demonstrate one or more of the following:
- Diversity and Inclusion: A student who has promoted diversity and inclusion. Student has demonstrated strong collaboration and unifying efforts, through the promotion and display of tolerance, and respect for others.
- Democracy: A student who has strengthened democracy through civic engagement or the advancement of human rights. Student has demonstrated recognition for fundamental rights and dignity for all persons at a local, national or global level.
- Reconciliation: A student who has answered the 2015 Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s urgent call to transform society by establishing a renewed relationship with Indigenous peoples.
- Student nominations will be accepted from Camosun College employees.
- The Awards Committee will review applications and recommend a recipient. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- As grade point average (GPA) is a criteria for this award, the Awards Committee will be reviewing Camosun College transcripts.
- This award is presented to the successful recipient at their graduation ceremony.